HOLE IN THE HEART
ANYONE OUT THERE FAMILIAR WITH CONGENITAL HOLE IN THE HEART.  I WAS DIAGNOSED ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO.  DID NOT HAVE IT FILLED.
What did the doctors say about the hole?  Must be small if they did not suggest surgery.  If the doctors are not concerned, it probably is not that bad.  There actually is a procedure being used now in the US where surgeons put tiny holes in the heart so that new blood vessels grow.  They have been doing this in our countries for years now.  
It is controversial the surgery.   My age would preclude a little.    In the UK they have a procedure which is better than anywhere.    They wouldn't make more holes.    The point is the hole causes a clot to release and go to the brain and cause stroke.  They usualyy fill it.   However I have 4 neurologist who say different things.
There is a hole between the atria that is part of a structure that feeds a baby during pregnacy.  Usually that hole closes without intervention, but if it doesn't close there is what is referred to as shunting.  The blood from the left atrium passes through the hole into right atrium.  The blood is then cycled again through the lungs...usually not a serious problem.

But sometimes there is shunting between the right side atrium into the left atrium.  This is blood that has not be filtered through the lungs and this unfiltered blood can cause a stroke.

There is a procedure that patches the hole, or if the shunting is left to right and minor, the option may be to do nothing.  
Thank you for info.  I actually do know about it.  I had 4 strokes Jan 2007 that is when they discovered tjhe hole.   I was looking for someone who had been through it.  Docs say my age may be a problem  -  the surgery could be dangerous they say and may not even help