Heart Defects & Surgery

My DS is 7, turning 8 in October

3 weeks ago he was diagnosed with

Enlarged right atrium and right ventricle.
Enlarged Right sided chambers consistent with left to right shunting.
Sinus Venosus atrial septal defect
partial anomalous pulmonary venous drainage
left axis deviation with right bundle branch block

We have already seen the cardio surgeon and are booked in for open heart surgery at the end of this month.

Has anyone got any experience with these conditons and feedback on the surgery and recovery.

Thanks in Advance

Kat
Kat, I have not had any personal experience with any of this most serious conditions. I could google for you, but I sense that you have what it takes to do that, on your on.

I would like to say that I am so sorry that your son and family are going through this nightmare. Please make sure that you have the very best and very experienced surgeons.

I don't know which hospital is going to do this surgery, but I hope it is a very prestigious institution.

I pray that all will go well for your son,

Jack
I will pray that your son will do very well with whatever surgery the surgeons think that he needs.  Like Jack54 said, I hope that you are taking him to a good center for treatment.  There are some great surgeons & hospitals out there and with today's advance technology I have no doubt that he will do just fine!  Take it from someone's who's had 3-Open Heart surgeries, the last one a year ago in March/06 to replace the aortic valve.  My surgeries have all taken place at St. Luke's Hospital in Houston.  I would recommend that center to anyone!  I know too that the center in Cleveland is also known to be the best in the nation.  Good luck to you & please keep me posted as to how he does.  Relax & place it all in God's hands.  He'll take care of everything!  

njean
Thanks for responding!

We are actually in Australia and DS will be going to the Royal Childrens Hospital

His surgeon is apparently the best in Melbourne so we are in good hands

Will definetly keep you updated and thanks for keeping us in your prayers