Heart Rate
A few months ago my daughter (22 yrs. old), had severe food poisoning, I took her to the doctor, while waiting at the doctors office, she vomited 4 times and used the bathroom another 5, the doctor run some blood work and because she was so upset she did an EKG her heart rate was 112.  It is my understnading that this heart rate is very high, the doctor explained to me that she was upset, quiet dihadrated and her stress level was high.  My daughter is 5"10 and about 185 lbs.  Is it normal for your heart rate to be high while having food poisoning?
YES!!  Also when you have a high fever your heart rate will go up, and the list goes on.  
Well, yes am her mom and I got concern she never had that problem before and I know my daughter was very upset at the time the EKG was taken.  I asked a nurse practitioner and she told me that when you under a lot of stress you heart rate could be extremelly high.  Her heart beat has being back to normal, but I can't help to be concern about that incident.  Thanks for replying.
Now that I think about it, I did not ask for the EKG the doctor just did it, because her heart palpitations were very fast and she was dehydrated.  Her blood pressure was a little high that day, but had never been before and has not been again.
112 isn't terribly high.  If it was 112 just sitting still and feeling great, then yes, it would be high.  For someone who is experiencing food illness, vomiting and losing fluids, it's pretty standard that their heart rate would be increased.  If the doctor was not concerned, rest assured ;)
if I had vomited 4 times and used the bathroom another 5 and my heart rate was only 112 I would be feeling fit as a fiddle...it is normal for any human being to have a higher heart rate under those circumstances...please dont worry...I think your doc was correct in saying she will be fine... :-)
Cheryl
My son was severly dehydrated during and after a nasty stomach virus.  Not only was his heartrate very high but he was throwing PVC's all over the place.  If this happened to your daughter, this could have been the reason for the EKG.  But high heartrate and ectopics are apparently very, very common in situations like that, at least according to my son's pediatrician.

Hope she is doing well.

And just for the record, it doesn't matter whether or not YOU asked for the EKG to be done.  You are her mom and it is your right to ask for anything or any test.  If the doctor thought it was totally inappropriate to do the test, he wouldn't have.  
Well, 112 isn't "very high" and it's very normal for illness, dehydration, anxiety or fever to cause an increased heart rate.  If a brief episode of a rate of 112 was dangerous we'd all be dead.  Especially athletes.

Many of us here have had heart rates in the 200s many times.  You could live for years with a sustained rate of 112 before problems arose.
I am just wondering is a 125 BPM heart rate bad I'm 6'3 256 lbs and I'm 24 I've had EKG done they said it came back fine I'm just so scared of a heart attack