How do I raise pulse rate?
I have had A-Fib 15 yrs, am a 70 yr young female. Out of rhythm for 9 days over holidays - went back in then out again 2 days-back in yesterday. This morning awoke with a pulse of 44-fluctuating between 41 and 51 thru out the day. Take Atenelol 25 mg 2xday and coumadin. What can I do to get my rate higher? Is this dangerously low?
Any change in rate should be taken seriously.  If I were you I would definitely see my doctor.  You might need to change your dosage of medication.
I am  having the same  problem --pulse rate is  going  up and down  -getting   down to 48 last night.  I am also on atenolol  25 mg--Dr  tried  me to take  extra  25  but  I  was falling  in the floor--I cannot  tolerate that much  atenolol. I  have mitral  valve  prolapse also. I  just  called my Dr and they  tell me to keep taking the atenolol and drink  plenty  of fluids  such as gatorade or power ade. Yes--  the 40's  is much too low for  the pulse rate--My Mother  had to have a pace maker  when  hers  got  down to 60. Take care  and  I hope  you  will be better soon
Lodow/Al
I am 69 yr old female and I too have been having pulse rate problems.  Not quite a year ago I had A-fib.  While BP wasn't bad my pulse was slowly increasing to 119.  Went to clinic and they said I needed to go straight to hospital.  Eventually had to have electric shock to return to rhythm and placed on comudan for a while.  Did stress test which had problems and less then 3 months after A-fib they did angioplasty to put a stent in.  Since that time it seems my pulse rate has gradually gotten lower to the point the doctor now says I need a pacemaker.  This is scheduled to be done next week.  He told me that I was a high risk for passing out without warning.  There are some meds that taken for other things that will lower pulse rate.  Toporol is one and I cut my intake in half.  Still didn't bring it up over 60.  Doc said I was in 50's when in hospital so I think they thought that was normal for me when I had questions/concerns about the rate being low.  Even going into the 40's until I adjusted the Toporol.  After followup visit for angio and talking to doctor he said he wanted me to wear a heart monitor for a month which I did.  Followup after those results has been the determination of a need for pacemaker.  BP is still a little all over the place but right now am more concerned about pulse rate then BP.  I have a treadmill and am hoping to be able to start regular workout on it.  Right now can't walk more then 5 minutes without getting tired besides ankles and hips hurting.  Need good walking shoes to help that and doctor says after the pacemaker is inserted that I should be able to walker longer then the 5 minutes.  Sure hope so.
HOW ARE YOU DOING SINCE PACEMAKER? I HOPE WELL