How to lower CPK
I am diabetic since 6 years, two years back i discovered that my Lipo is high( cholestrol 290, LDL and HDL),i start taking Crestor and after that i discovered that my CPK level is 600. i stoped it for two months and went down to 450 , due being Hypolipid i couldn't control cholestrol by exercise or food so i changed three doctors and each gave me a different Statins and the CPK now reaches 1375 . , i tried Ezytrol for a while but it's effect was very low .the issue is i stopped taking any cholestrol medicin for a period of nearly 6 months but CPK level is not getting low .
I cann't keep on taking cholestrol medicine and at the same time i cann't stop it , appreciate your advice on how to lower CPK to be able to take Statins or other chloestrol lowering medicine

Thanks all

This discussion is related to Taking Cholesterol Medication! Have Elevated CPK!!.
Contrary to what we've been led to believe, almost anyone can lower or raise your cholesterol level to the optimal 222 by simply eating 2 eggs and 1/4 lb of butter everyday if you cut out processed suger, caffeine and alcohol.  

Last thing you want to take is a statin drug like Crestor or Lipitor which have known to cause serious, serious muscle problems and have even been linked to ALS aka Lou Gherig's Disease which will kill you in about 2-3 years due to paralysis!  

Beware!  Not everything that the doctors say are safe truly are.  Just listen to the disclaimer in Lipitor commercials.  It is unbelievable that the general population are unaware of the dangers of cholesterol lowering drugs!  Just google Lipitor or Crestor or any statin drug and their side effects!
That's not very good advice to give to anyone, especially if you're not that person's doctor.  Statins are not all evil or bad, and if someone is having a serious side-effect from one statin, there are many others that they can be tried on.  Also, where did you get the notion that 222 is an optimal cholesterol level?  The optimal level is highly dependant on the individual...my optimal level is <120, which it has been since being on double statins for the past 12 years, it was at 380 when I had my first heart attack, then was in the range of 240 until I was placed on dual statins.  My cardiologist and GP are more concerned with my lipid and triglyceride levels than they are about my over-all cholesterol levels.

I've been on statins since I was 28, and am now 49.  When my insurance, years ago, would not cover Zocor any longer, I was started on Lipitor..both of which I was taking 60mg a day.  The lipitor caused my severe muscle pains and aches and raised my CPK levels, to the point I would be in tears by the time I left work each day.  Doctor was able to convince the insurance company to, once again, cover the Zocor.  My lipids, triglycerides, and over-all cholesterol levels remained abnormal for years, even with proper diet, exercise, and statins.  Finally found a great doctor who decided to try me on dual meds, that being Zocor, still at 60 mg daily, and 2000 mg niaspan.  My levels have all been in the excellent range since.

To mmmhady:  When getting your CPK levels, what levels are they actually testing you for?  There are three CPK levels that they test:  Heart, skeletal muscular system, and brain.  Have you been diagnosed with a history of rhabdomyolysis?  If so, then statins shouldn't be used at all, if not, then I would suggest you be open with your doctor regarding any symptoms you may be having from the statins, and suggest he/she tries you on a different statin than the ones you've used in the past.

This link offers great insight into what I've already said:

http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/481357