How to treat subaortic membrane?
I am a 34 yo female.  I was diagnosed with an enlarged heart about 3 years ago.  I was told that I have a subaortic membrane.  I have been follwed by a Cardiologist.  I am now going to see a surgeon for a possible resection.  My question is, if you have a subaortic membrane does that mean you have subaortic stenosis.  I also want to know are there any other treatments.  Lastly,  I would like to know what will (possibly) happen if I decided to wait for surgery for a few months (while I decide if surgery is best, and research other options).

Thank you.
Hello!  Would love to follow up with you on this.  I know your post was a while back.  I'm 33 and was just diagnosed with subaortic membrane as well and am looking to speak with people dealing with the same issue.
Hi I am 42 yrs old and was diagnosed at 32 with subaortic stenosis. My cardiologist has been following me ever since. I had no symptoms there was no progression until this december 2011. My gradient has reached 70 and she decided to give me a beta blocker to see if this will help. She will verify with an ekg in the next week to see if the beta blocker is helping decrease the gradient. By the way I am still not experiencing any symptoms and excercise regularly, but the doctor said that if the gradient reaches 80 I will start experiencing symptoms and then she will be considering surgery.  Are you taking any meds or experiencing any symptoms.