Is is safe to fly?
I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse around 10 years ago and I have the heart palpitations under control with daily medication.  My question is...Is it safe for me to fly in an airplane? and what kind of symptoms should I expect if any? Also what can I do to prevent symptoms from occuring before the flight?
I was diagnosed with MVP in my 20's (now 46) and have flown quite a bit during those 20+ years.  The last time I flew was about a month ago.  I have never experienced any symptoms related to MVP during or due to flying.  My advise is to be sure to take your medication on the same schedule you generally do, keep well hydrated, and if the flight is more than an hour make sure to get up every hour or so to stretch your legs.
I have MVP and MR and don't have any related problems during air travel.  Sometimes I have pvcs, but they are definitley anxiety driven.  Other than that, no problem.  I was also diagnosed with MVP in my early 20's and I am (cough, cough) 50 now.  In fact, I fly to Cleveland for my checkups : )

I agree with all of bzmed's travel tips.  Have a safe and happy journey!