Heart Disease Community
Leaking tricuspid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Leaking tricuspid

I have CHF and PH. Last year I had resting PP of 30 and slight leak of tricuspid. I am s/p mitral valve replacement 2001.
This year I have resting pressure of 40 and significant leak in the tricuspid. At this rate will I need to replace the tricuspid valve? Did I do something that caused worse numbers this year? I work hard at doing everything doctors tell me, I take all medications given etc. I have irregular heart beat now, more often than I used to, I have SOB and chest discomfort when walking fast or up stairs. I'm very tired. Just wondering if there is something I can do to help keep this leak and pressure from getting worse. Thanks.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
367994_tn?1304957193
A slight leak tricuspid is almost always is considered medically insignificant. Surgery to repair the tricuspid valve is rarely done unless surgery on another heart valve (for example, mitral valve replacement) is also needed.

Is your CHF related to right side failure that has progressed to a low cardiac output from the left ventricle?  

Serious tricuspid regurgitation usually results when the right ventricle enlarges and resistance to blood flow from the right ventricle to the lungs is increased. Resistance may be increased by severe pulmonary hypertension and to compensate, the right ventricle enlarges, stretching the tricuspid valve and causing regurgitation.  

Usually, mild tricuspid regurgitation requires little or no treatment. However, the underlying disorder of  pulmonary hypertension is likely to require treatment. Usually on echo reports is a systolic (pumping) pressure of 40 mm Hg and that typically implies a mean pressure more than 25 mm Hg. Are you sure the readings are resting pressure? Normally, there is going to be different calculations at different times.

More importantly are your symptoms of sob and chest pain.  That indicates a low cardiac output from the left ventricle.  What is your ejection fraction (EF)...that is the calculation of your left ventricle's strength of contractions?  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
996946_tn?1385991151
Blank
LindaTX uploaded a new photo
15 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1394988190
Blank
gymdandee commented on  Things Killing Your ...
16 hrs ago
Blank
remar commented on  Things Killing Your ...
20 hrs ago
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979