Lexapro medication and heart palpitations
I have been diagnosed last year with Supraventricular Ectopic episodes after wearing a seven day event monitor.
I also have occasions of a fast heart beat (95 bpm)
Recently, I have noticed an increase of my palpitations to a number of times daily from before that every odd day.
Two weeks ago, I began taking Lexapro for depression and anxiety and I am wondering if this medication can increase the occurrance of palpitations.
I went to the ER the other day and had blood tests and chest xray due to the problem having increased so much. Nothing was picked up by the doctor and I was sent home.
Also is Supraventricular Ectopic episodes the same term for PVCs?
Supraventricular ectopics originate above the ventricles and are otherwise known as PACs or premature atrial contractions - they are completely harmless and are distinct from PVCs which come directly from the ventricles.  Other people have commented that Lexapro has increased their palps but it is a very individual thing since it has decreased my PVCs.  
Some people experience an increase in palpitations with medications such as Lexapro.  Some people experience a decrease.  It all depends on the person.

If you're going to have ectopic beats, the ones you have are the ones to have ;)
I too started taking lexapro for anxiety and pvcs and its now wk 2. Its hard to say whether they are worse on the meds or not? Sometimes I feel they are worse other times I feel better. Its a tough question to really answer. I started with 5 mg (cut the 10 mg tablets) in half and try that for a few wks until your body gets used to it and I am sure it will dissipate (arrythmia) etc ... Its a tough decision to make- treat the anxiety vwhich is dibilitating or the arrythmia which is scary as hell! So what is it?

I seem to get a higher incidence of arrythmia pvcs in the first few hours after taking the medication it seems then after it tends to taper off and then I feel good. I think you need to let the meds work especially if its early days taking it. Good luck.