Heart Disease Community
Magnesium and PVC's
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Magnesium and PVC's

For those taking magnesium supplements, how soon did you notice a decrease in PVC's?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
There is no significant proof that taking magnesium supplements reduce PVC's unless you are significantly deficient.  There are antecdotal statements that they reduce PVCs. But there is no magic pills.  If there were all the PVC sufferers would be taking magnesium.  But that's not the case.  I've had PAC's etc and I took supplements and they didn't help.

What does help is staying away from stimulants.  Caffiene, decongestants, sugar, etc these can affect PVC's.  That is not antecdotal.
Blank
I started taking magnesium along with my protonix Omeprazole.  It would be the same combination as Nexium.  Nexium really slowed down my pvc's considerably and well noted.  However they are very expensive and the VA does not carry them.  So I started taking one every night  and the omeprazole in the morning.  If I miss the magnesium I will see an increase in pvc's.  Will magnesium cure it?  Do not know but been taking them for several months now.
Also get off of caffiene, sugars and soda.
Blank
I had constant pvc's, pac's for an entire year.  Some went all day and all night long non stop.  I had some so bad, I went to the ER with them.  Racing heart and "skips."  Every other beat for hours on end.  I started taking Mg twice a day with my Atenolol and they stopped!  Not one "skip" at all within 3 days.
Blank
I'm another one for whom magnesium helps pretty quickly.  I take Solgar brand chelated magnesium.  Magnesium oxide, which is the cheapest and most widely available kind of magnesium, causes too much bowel distress for me.
Blank
63984_tn?1385441539
I'd be very careful taking magnesium, potassium, calcium supplements if you have known heart issues and are taking diuretics and other drugs.  Following a pretty serious heart situation my blood is monitored and closely controlled every two weeks to make sure I have the proper balance. When a supplement is needed, it is prescribed.  

I think I'm lucky, I'm told I get 1000's of PVC's and don't notice them.  In my case, they are harmless and unrelated to my heart blockages. I've had them all my life, and I'm an old man.   My heart attacks, I very definitely noticed  those symptoms!  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Heart Disease Answerers
976897_tn?1379171202
Blank
ed34
watford, United Kingdom
63984_tn?1385441539
Blank
Flycaster305
97303, OR
Blank
skydnsr
159619_tn?1318997813
Blank
erijon
Salt Lake City, UT
212161_tn?1418434895
Blank
heartfluttersflyawayplz
hoschton, GA
Blank
Occupant
IL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
bharath1942 is cresar a safe medcine? Comment
7 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on How much arsenic is i...
8 hrs ago
Blank
reason for rapid Heard beat after t...
16 hrs ago by AKarthikeyan
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank