Heart Disease Community
Numbness, tightness in chest. Fatigue

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Numbness, tightness in chest. Fatigue

My chest area has remained numb from a Jan. 2010 CABG.. How do i know if this numbness and tightness is result of surgery and scars or something else. My ecgs while i exercise for 45 minutes are normal. Also in the last three weeks I have experienced fatigue.
If you are not feeling any pain or chest tightness during walking , no need to worry , Numbness may occur after CABG for a long period of time . the last symptom you mentioned is important as it can have multitude of causes or may be a trivial thing , just keep watching , and also check your weight , if you are loosing weight without any obvious reason then it is time to worry and seek medical advice.
I had bypass sugery in september 2009, and I would say it took until December 2010 before the numbness was gone. I was left with a tiny area of numbness above the scar, which I was told would be with me forever. However, about six months ago, the feeling came back.
When the feeling comes back, it does feel very sensitive, like a dull pain to the touch for a few weeks.
Are you exercising? fatigue can quickly establish itself when you are on certain medications such as beta blockers. It's like a trap that's difficult to get out of. Healthy eating and long daily walks soon cure this. If you feel shortness of breath, more than normal, then I would go back to your cardiologist.
Avatar n tn
thank you both...i needed those answers! they reenforce what i thought was going on...and i have not quit exercising, but i dropped back to two or three times a week...now that it's september, i should be able to walk in 70 degree heat (not 100!) every day i'm not at the cardiac rehab gym!