Pacemaker+heart medication, okay to take pain killers?
My 23 year old boyfriend had a pacemaker put in a few years ago for a heart problem.  He is on the heart medication Betapace and another type that I can't remember at this moment that lowers his blood pressure.  He's been taking Ibuprofen 600 mg for some leg pain which HIS doctor has told him is safe, but he thinks that it made him faint the other day while at work.  I know this is a bit of a complicated situation but I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any answers as to if taking any type of pain killer is harmful to him.  Just looking for a second opinion, thanks.  
I'm a 56 year old male who just had a pacemaker installed yesterday.  I was given percocet for pain, and the doctor is aware of my ongoing back problems and indicated
in the instructions that I could continue to use vicodin as required for my back pain.

I'd get your bf to his cardiologies ASAP.

Jim
Go to one of the pharmacies at Walmart or Walgreens etc.  Walgreens has a window for "patients consultations" tell them exactly what you told us here.  Pharmacists sometimes know more about side effects/interactions with meds than the doctors do, believe me.
I have a pacemaker and am taking 800mg Motrin for back pain and have no problems, I am 33 and the only thing that my cardio said about painkillers was to not take asprin because for me it would thin the blood to much. If your boyfreind passed out I would have to think that it has to do with the pacemaker not working properly and not the motrin. I suggest that your boyfreind call and talk to the cardio and the pm tech; it sounds like he may need some adjustment to the pm.
Good Luck!
Christy:)