Palpitations
I just went to my doctor yesterday about my anxiety about my palpitations and I told her I thought for sure I was going to drop dead.  She told me that if I had a fatal arrymthia that it would have been caught on the holters I have had.  She said it would not be something that would come and go.  Has anyone ever heard of that??  I don't know if she was just trying to pacify me.  All the see on the holters are PVC's and PAC's - nothing out of the ordinary.
I'm no doctor, but I think it is true that most fatal rhythms would appear on the holter...and certainly PVCs and PACs can make you feel this way.  There are other tests you could push for to ensure that you have a structually normal heart, but remember that what you have is normal in moderate amounts (and can even be "normal" in higher amounts when anxiety is high).  I have had two ablations for SVT and still have numerous PVCs and even have short runs of SVT (couple seconds of fast rhythm).  Luckily that is all I have so far, so I do my best to ignore it.  It is much easier said than done.  Try to focus on other things and remember it is all in God's hands.
I do not drink often, however if I have even 1 glass of wine my heart will palpitate terribly when I go to bed, even if that is 5 or 6 hours after I drank that glass of wine. If I get up to walk around it will stop. The minute I lay back down it starts again. It will last for sometimes 3-4 hours. I have been diagnosed with PAC'a. My confusion is why with a glass of wine and then why do the PAC's start like 5 hours after the wine and only when lying down. Does this happen to anyone else?