Palps/Bending over
Does anyone know why bending over at the waist brings on PACs or PVCs?  Seems like almost every time I bend over to pick up something off the floor I get a burst of PACs when I stand up.  It is freaking me out.  Also happens if I sit or lay down too quickly.  Please help.
It's very common but I don't know the reason.  Hopefully someone else will.
Why did it take 35 years for this to start happening?
Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.  I get that "flip flop" feeling of the heart too when bending over.  Not always, but frequently.
Who knows why, finetilthree.  Most of us never know why our palpitations begin or flare up.

My grandpa who is in such great shape that he still bikes 60 miles a day is 80 years old.  He started having PVCs for the first time in his life last year.  They did a cath and every test they could think of any found absolutely nothing.

Seems to largely be a mystery for most of us.  Frustrating for sure.  How old are you?  Hormonal changes and menopause seem to trigger them sometimes.  Mine can go crazy during PMS.
its because of the change in blood flow and volume in your body... When standing up the heart has to work harder to pump the blood throughout the body, when you bend over, the upper body is at or below the heart level, so gravity does the work for the heart in this case., and bending also bends the blood vessels inside your body, so there is more blood in the lower part of the body. When you stand up, gravity becomes the enemy, and is pulling the blood towards the lower parts of your body, and your heart has to pump harder to move the blood through the vessels.. It sounds complicated but its a simple concept. This is also why people have increased pvc's after eating. Blood flows to the stomach and intestines to help with digestion, this shift in blood flow has an effect on the heart, making it work harder, which is why some people experience pvc's during this time.. Alot of these questions have already been addressed.. If you want to take some time and look through the archives, you might learn alot.
I am 35 years old and this started 8 months ago after I had my third child. Now it happens every single day and I am just at the end of my rope.  I want my old life back and I am completely at the freakin end of my rope.  I want to be able to run with my kids and fall down playing in the grass with my kids and run with them on my back and chase them up the stairs screaming to their bedrooms and just feel normal.  I feel like my life is ruined.  Everything I once enjoyed is over.
Pregnancy either changed the anatomy of your heart or your hormonal state changed afterwards.

I know how you feel though.  Tons of people here do.  They can be totally miserable to live with.
What do you mean changed the anatomy of my heart?  Why didn't they find anything on echos/ct scans/xrays/etc?  Do you think I will die?
i feel exactly like fineTilThree. i never had these stupid missed beats before, i've been managing to lay down, bend over sit down quickly etc and never had the missed beats before, why did the change in blood flow and volume not trigger pvcs before?why has it taken 27 years for them to happen? There must be something else that has caused them, it's just amazing that no-one has a clue what!!!
Nice to know someone is in the same boat as me, although I certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone else. Can you figure out anything major that changed in your life that coincided with this ****?  The only thing I can attribute is my third childbirth.  I wonder if my heart is permanently damaged from it.  My tests have all been mostly normal and they say this is all benign but no one can tell me what happened to my heart to cause this.  I am in some major depression here and I guess I better find a good shrink since no one can fix my heart.
Of course you're not going to die from this!  I just mean that pregnancy slightly changes the size and shape of your heart in a way that is minor and totally benign but enough to cause it to behave a bit differently.
i'm sorry but i find it so hard to believe that your heart has become damaged through childbirth!!! i've never been through it but it just doesn't make sense. please don't think your heart is now damaged. if you're really concerned get another heart echo done. Tomorrow i've got an appointment with a very good cardiologist and i'll ask him for his opinion for you.
I wish i could figure out what is causing the missed beats, they cannot just appear out of nowhere in healthy individuals. A lot of people just accept them and try differnt heart meds with little success. i have a friend in canada who i email on a regular basis and he has kissed goodbye to his missed beats by treating his indigestion which he found was his trigger. Another person who i met on the net believes that her missed beats happen when she is dehydrated only. Its a matter of finding your own triggers no matter how stupid they may sound to your docs.
Truth is there are somethings docs can't explain and just find it easier to blame it on hormones, stress, anxiety.......which is just a load of ****

I think I have already had 3 echos, maybe 4.  I am suffering so much and I have had every test known to man and no one can find a reason.  Please let me know any thing you find out. Thank you again.
i find it so frustrating when people are making themselves suffer needlessly.. Just because someone recently starts feeling pvc's, doesnt mean you havent been experiencing them your entire life.. Every single person on the face of planet has pvc's.. If they where deadly, there would be no human race. If your other cardiac workups are fine, its time to move on.. If you obsess yourself with WHY only now you feel them, you're wasting alot of life you will never get back. You will never know why.. its time to accept and move on.
Thank you for your comments.  I have an appt. scheduled with a counselor so hopefully things will get better soon.  I hope things go better for you real soon too!
Collegegirl...it seems you have come to terms with your palp condition or lack thereof.and that is wonderful but not everyone has been able to do that. We are ALL individuals here with individual issues...I have seen alot of snappy comments from you here lately and as a PAC/PVC sufferer myself, sometimes it is WAY easier said than done to just accept. It is a daily struggle for me and I totally sympathize with finetilthree. I have had several tests done that came out negative and I STILL also find it hard to believe that there is no explanation. I am on medication and seeking the help of a psychologist which I am hoping will make a difference. But, when you have kids, and a husband and a life, you want to live every minute of it not feeling like you are about to die. And that is how most of us feel when these episodes come on. All I'm trying to say, is to please be a LITTLE more sensitive to the folks on here...They are after all on here for reassurance and support.
Girl, I am right there with you. I can bend over, reach for something or turn a certain way and boom..there they go..and it makes it so hard to focus on anything else. I have a 3 year old son and I love the **** out of him and my husband and I want to be here for them as long as possible and be a happy well adjusted adult while I'm at it...but these things make it VERY hard....well, I have a message in to a psychologist for an appointment.  I think that it's time that I get some help with this.  I have had 3 echo's, countless ekg's and holter monitor's blah blah blah and I have also seen 3 different cardiologists because I never believe what they tell me...and they all tell me they are benign...and I too have such a hard time accepting that...that is why I am going to try counseling. That has to be my next step..Maybe you should consider the same..if you have the means to do so, it may be just what you need...start the New Year off right...don't let these things get you down...Hey, also...take notice of other triggers...chocolate..caffeine..smoking..alcohol..sugar...that time of the month..stress...

College girl is saying things that are true, to try and help.

If you do a Holter monitor on anyone randomly off the street they will have PAC/PVCs on it. Some people are just sensitive to their body and feel them (or think they do). To not be able to acknowledge this at first is normal, but if it goes on and on it is, indeed, a shame.

It's like being determined one has stomach cancer because one occasionally has heartburn.

A cardiologist can't do much to treat a person who does not have a cardiac condition, this is not surprising.

To say it's "amazing" that no one can predict when you will be sensitive to your own body's functioning is specious thinking. Why doesn't the GI know in advance what time of day you'll get a little bit of wind and need to burp or have a little stomach cramp?

Heart is a dramatic word, but it's really a workhorse organ.
It's either showing itself healthy or it's not.
Everyone gets pauses sometimes.

I hope everyone feels better soon.
I'm very happy to hear that.. good for you...I'll be praying that all of us who suffer from the palps and the lack of acceptance of them...will have better luck in the coming year...!!
It is sad what you are putting yourself through!  Collegegirl is right on the money.  The only thing I can say is that you have yet to find a doctor that you can believe.  Listen to what the medhelp doctors always say:  if you have had all the testing, and multiple times in many cases, and they are all negative, it is time to find a doctor that you will listen to and BELIEVE!  And believe me, I DO know how it feels!  I used to worry, but never let it affect my life, until one day, a cardiologist took my hand, and stated very clearly, *you are NOT GOING TO DIE from these PVC's*.  And I BELIEVED him!  And I ignore them.  Even after I did get heart disease!  (but not from the PVC's)  Put yourself in my shoes:  idiopathic or familial dilated cardiomyopathy, pulmonary hypertension, NSVT, AIVR, SVT of 3 different kinds, and the real kicker....INABILITY to implant an ICD when 3 cardiologists determined that I needed one!  (congenital malformations and a looooooooong story!)  I walk around each day anyway with a positive attitude, knowing that I am doing all that I can and let the rest go, knowing that I will not die one second before God wants me, and He is in charge!
hi all,
just been to see my cardiologist to get results for my 24hr ecg tape. doc said i had 54 pvcs in 24 hours.. he doesn't seem concerned at all he says everything else is fine but i can't help worrying. 54 seems like alot to me and i'm back to square 1 again thinking that something bad is going to happen to my heart. has anyone else had that many in 24 hrs?
i'm so worried and scared am i just being paranoid for no reason? :(
4 is definitely not a lot. My teenaged son had 1600+ on his Holter. He also had a moderate sclerosis on a valve and mild cardiomyopathy and even he isn't on medication because he doesn't need it.
He doesn't worry about it at all. His biggest concern is he will have to waste an afternoon at another doctor's appointment any time in the furture.
A worl colleagues 9 year old daughter just had an ablation for WPW and just wants to play soccer.
You're just fine.
54 is not a lot, sorry typo
I haven't read the whole thread, but I've got the general idea.  I also developed a major symptom increase after the birth of my second, and there's no identifiable reason except that the symptoms seem to coincide with hormonal shifts now.  My OB is going to send me for some bloodwork to see what might be out of whack from a hormonal standpoint.

The bending, I have always gotten palpitations from that, even before my children were born.  Pregnancy places a high demand on the cardiovascular system, it enlarges the heart ever so slightly, and nothing about your body is ever 100% the same after you give birth.  This doesn't mean it has changed for the worse (I'm sure those with stretch marks and a couple extra pounds will disagree ;) but it sure can bring stress and worry with it.  It doesn't mean you're damaged, it just means your body responds to things differently.  Unfortunately, this can mean a high level of anxiety for some people.

I think the counseling thing is an awesome idea.  I hope you can find one that focuses on cognitive behavioral therapy instead of dosing you up with medications.  CBT is one of the most effective treatments in people who have the type of anxiety you're going through (I speak about CBT both from my college education in this field AND as someone who went through what you're going through).  It works.  Definitely ask about it, first thing in the door.  There are also some really handy workbooks out there on the topic as well.

Have a safe, happy and healthy new year...and enjoy your family!  Don't be like me and realize too late that you missed the whole first few months of your new baby's life because of being consumed with fear.  I did, with my first child, and I will always have regret because of it.  I so sincerely wish you the best, as I know exactly what it feels like to be in your situation.
To put things in perspective (maybe), I have had pvcs for over 25 years and 5000 - 25000 a day for many years. I have three grown children (pvcs before, during and after all 3 pregnancies), and I'm still here.  PVCs are benign....I'm not sure what you are afraid of???  Oh, they are definitely weird and feel funny, but they won't hurt you.  Think of them in the context of getting a sinus headache or a migraine.  They feel awful, can be scary, but are benign.  In the setting of a structurally normal heart, they will NOT hurt you.  Try to figure out what you are afraid of...that might help.  I also like the idea of counseling if you find that you can't get past the anxiety.  The anxiety will take its toll, while the pvcs will not harm you.

Hey, this could be a great New Year's resolution....

Good luck everyone and have a wonderful New Year!

connie
I am definitely NOT implying that pregnancy *damaged* her heart, but there is no doubt that pregnancy causes slight changes in the heart that could be enough to have triggered a change in symptoms.
I guess here's the kicker for me... my heart is not structurally normal.  I have a pfo (tiny hole that lets blood shunt through the atria).  In my mind that is NOT a structurally normal heart, although the doctors say that it is perfectly o.k.  I also don't have a normal EKG.  I have inverted t waves and st segment depression, although the doctors say for me (and many women) that is a normal variant.  Everyone says they are benign in a normal heart, well, my heart isn't normal to me.  I'm sorry I come on here every day looking for reassurances but I am so obsessed and I have no one to turn to.
If it is an consulation I do the same thing daily.  This is like my lifeline.  I was out last night and had a skip and then another sorta drop within a minute.  I was standing in line at a store and felt the panic setting in again.  I can't deal with this either.  I have anxiety all day long and I know I can bring them on when I feel stressed out (always!)  I have been keeping track the last five days to see how many I feel.  I got two dropped feelings on each day.  I know that doesn't seem like a lot to people but it sure does to me.  I am constantly waiting for the next one to hit.  I live my whole life thinking about my heart problems (which the docs say there is no problem).  I just can't seem to get it wrapped around my head that I won't drop dead!  Finetillthree did you know that you had other issues with your heart before the palps started??  Did you seriously just start getting them after your third baby or did you feel palps before the birth of your third?  That must be so hard for you having three little ones like that.  I hope you have a very supporative husband.  My husband just shrugs me off and says I worry about nothing (easy for him to say because he doesn't get the damn things!)
I completely was amused by your post!  I don't have time to respond right now but I thought it was priceless.  I am going out right now but have to respond to you post when I get home.  That made my day reading it!  I feel so much better even right now after reading it.
love your post too! as i was reading your post i felt 2 missed beats and for the first time in a long time i din't get a sudden adrenalin rush straight after!! It has really made me think (something i rarely do nowadays) thanks cuaco
SB, I don't know if I've written it here before but I had the same experience.  I had SVT that was dismissed as panic disorder for 10 years until I was finally diagnosed by catching it on EKG.  Now I feel like I need to be super protective of my body.  I way overcompensate and freak out over the smallest symptoms.
Thanks guys! i don't know why but i just panicked when i heard i had 54 pvcs in 24 hrs, i was confused and scared. on the last recording(about 1 month ago) i had about 10 and i thought that was too much.

momto3: the thing i'm afraid of is that the pvcs will trigger a dangerous arrythmia especially when i have rows of 5-6 together!! I like the idea of thinking of them in the context of getting a sinus headache or a migraine!! i think that is a fantastic idea :)i'm just upset that they have just appeared suddenly and i have no idea why!!

Kitcurious: Wow you have a very brave son, i'm 27 years old and i am embarrassed at the way i am dealing with this. the pvcs started 3 months ago and since the day they started i left work and stopped going out altogether.

i also have svt and have been told that the pvcs can trigger an svt attack so that worries me too :(

I had no idea that I had anything abnormal with my heart until after my third child was born.  I had afib for one hour 6 days after I gave birth which they are pretty sure was caused by hormones being all wacked out and dramatic shift in fluid volume, stuff like that.  Long story short, they did all the tests to see if anything was going on and that is when they found the pfo and the ekg thing.  They all say its no big deal and perfectly normal, 30% of the population has the same hole, blah, blah, blah.  But since then I have had palps every day.  Throughout my twenties (I am 35 now) I had maybe one or two flutters every couple of years and I just laughed it off. But now it is every single day and I'm not laughing any longer. To me it seems like a blessing to only feel two a day, I feel around 10 per day, sometimes 3 or 4 right in a row.  One day I probably had 20 in one hour because I was so upset, but the next day things were back to status quo.  I wonder how people with thousands a day can even live their life.  I am a total wreck.  And no, my husband isn't supportive at all.  We are separated and I do IT ALL ON MY OWN, 24 hours a day/7 days a week.  He breezes in for an hour here or there to see the kids.    
So glad I could help in some little way : )

I used to have a lot of LONG runs, and I know how unnerving they can be.  Finding a patient and understanding doctor can be really helpful. I tend to be an anxious person, so I really understand the mechanisms of anxiety...UGH!  With the pvcs, I was never really afraid of dying, I was more creeped out by the way they made me feel - jumpy, jittery, out-of-sync...  Unless your doctor has given you a reason to be concerned over a "dangerous" arrythmia, accept the diagnosis (I know, really I do) and figure out a way to battle the anxiety (since you'll know your heart is fine).

I remember my doctor asking me what I was afraid of....Ummm, well, I couldn't really put my finger on any specifics since I trusted her, and she had already told me the pvcs were not going to hurt me, and I surely wasn't going to die from them.  Even armed with that infomation, I was still feeling anxious...not afraid, just anxiety (big difference for me). The headache scenario really works for me b/c I know several people who battle with BAD migraines and sinus problems. I've only had a couple of each, and OMYGOSH....SURELY, I AM DYING!!  I was wrong then too ; )  Hope that helps...

I tell myself "I just beat to the sound of a different drummer."  But, don't we all ; )

Feel better and have a great New Year's!
connie
Thanks, it really does help knowing you're are not the only one.

My doc has assured me not to worry about the missed beats turning into an arrythmia and i know i should trust him but i have very little faith in docs because they let me suffer for 6 years with SVT and couldn't diagnose me properly. I used to get a very fast heart rate out of nowhere which would last for about 20 mins but whenever i went to see my docs they would tell me it was just anxiety. in fact i even remember suggesting to 1 doc that i may have svt and he told me i was paranoid and that i need to snap out of it!!! After 6 years i finally had it diagnosed at the hospital where i needed treatment to convert me back to sinus rhythm!!!
However, i think if i'm ever going to get through this i need to start trusting my docs. Once again thanks and hope you have a wonderful new year too!!
NO WONDER you are frustrated!!  A doctor told you that your were paranoid and you were right all along....Just goes to show we are our own best advocates.  That said, if you are comfortable with your current doctor, it really will behoove you to trust him/her on this one.  An occasional checkup helps too : )

connie
I have cardiac neurosis in that I am obsessed with my heart and it's pvcs, pacs.   After 16 years of suffering and panic I am finally starting to accept them. I have learned that thinking about them causes them (I can also create stomach pains on demand!) and mine are definately responsive to anxiety in that when I am stressed or unhappy they flare up (I would have denied this fact a while ago, but after mapping my bad pvc days, thoughts and circumstances in a diary I can now see it is true),hormones and the monthly cycle may play a part too.    
Anyway my piont to this post is when I started to notice these beats I was having about 4 a day- (I thought then that I was having a lot, ha ha!) I had a holter done- it showed 50- that was 46 more than I felt. I was horrified and sure enough I began to feel 50 a day and worked myself up to such a state that my body thoughtfully provided me with another 4000 more per day.  I ended up in the emergency room and had a heart moniter, and get this, I was throwing pvcs that I and the nurse could see on the moniter but I DID NOT feel them!!  This is me, the neurotic heart watcher who thought I felt every one I had, yes I felt a fair few of them but the moniter showed NOT all by any means. This proved to me that other people probably do get them just as much as me but as they are not heart watching and are not tuned in to every bump and lurch they just do not notice them.  I have a theory that I noticed my first palpitation when I was in stressful period in my life and thus tuned into it automatically and in my mind made a big thing of it, I then became sensitised to it and so my body helpfully went on high alert for me and marked each pvc with an adrenaline rush which caused more pvcs which caused more adrenaline and so a vicious circle ensued. For those that first notice pvcs after birth etc, I have been told by my cardiologist that it is normal to have more extra beats due to changes in the blood volume in the heart and the work the heart has to do to maintain a regnancy and then the readjusting back afterwards. (I have had 5 pregnancies, 3 with loads of pvcs) If you become sensitised to these normal extra beats then during the emotional AND stressful time(in a nice way) of childbearing and childbirth, then you are likely to keep on having them and noticing them and off into the vicious cycle you go.
Incidentally I was sent home from the ER with no treatment AND the nurse there said she had pvcs all the time.  Just to make you feel even more confident, when my elderly grandad had a very serious heart attack and was in hostpital he was hooked up onto a heart moniter which showed that he was throwing extra beats, sometimes couplets every few minutes.  He did not notice one of them and when I called the cardiac nurse to check him (my neurosis made me watch his moniter all the time) she looked at the moniter and said oh they are just extra beats, everybody has those and was quite dismissive.  My grandad is still well 2 years later and still does not feel one of his extra beats or even think about it.  
I know it is hard to cope with these beats and the fear gets so overwhelming that you feel it is not worth carrying on BUT you must accept that you are NOT going to die from this, stop trying to fight or run away from these beats, that will not stop them, just let them do their funky stuff and ignore them, just think back- have you ever literally passed out cold from them? No? Then let them do their stuff and you go ahead and do your yours :o)
i didn't realise the same thing has happened to you. I don't know about you but i can't trust any docs now. I get so frustrated when talking to them, its like they don't know how to LISTEN to patients and they find it so hard to believe them, they find it much easier to blame it on anxiety, stress and depression. Truth is i became very anxious, depressed and stressed because i was left dealing with my heart racing at 200 bpm by myself, too afraid to go back to the docs because i didn't like the way they looked at me and told me "it's all in your head" or "you need to snap out of it"
yoshi, sorry you find my comments "snappy".. But personally, i dont think you are in a position to judge my state of mind or state of my comments. I show compassion by taking time out of my day to volunteer as best i can, to help people that are suffering, and i do infact, do find it VERY frustrating that there are so many people suffering because they wont let themsevles come to terms with their pvc's, whether it be through their own methods, or therapy, or whereever the wind takes you. I dont think being irrationally afraid is an excuse to make yourself, your loved ones, and other people around you suffer. So many people look at pvc's as a condition they need to "get better" from, and this is not the case..Once a patient has accepted that they must live, and move on, THAT is when the healing begins. If you find my bluntness in stating this a problem, feel free to ignore my posts, but i find it distressing when i see patients almost encouraging eachothers obsessions (Not saying this is what im nessecarily seeing here) and i have found that frequently bluntness about ones condition serves a better purpose than being wishy washy about it, due to fear of offending someone.. There is a bottom line, and everyone suffering from pvc's needs to accept it.  

You are not dying. Close the search engine, the medical journal, the forums, and whatever else. Stop trying to find ways you can validate your fears of death, because thats hurting you far more than the pvcs. If you cant get better for yourself, PLEASE get better for your loved ones, and your families, ESPECIALLY those of you who have children.. Instead of taking the time to search this forum for hours looking for even more people to tell you that you're ok, go for a walk with your kids, or a movie with a loved one. It will serve you better, and eventually your life will be so full with everything else, the focus on pvc's will fastly slip away.. To all those who cannot loosen the grip pvc's have on your lives, its imperative you seek counseling, you will be shocked at how fast you start to feel relief.Good luck to all and GOD BLESS.
I don't know about anyone else but i look forward to reading your posts everyday. You do seem to have alot of knowledge and it is appreciated by many i'm sure. I know some of us seem to be asking the same qs over and over again but i think that is because we need time. Hopefully all of us will get through this but it cannot happen straight away. I do know that when i am having a bad day i feel so much better after posting here and reading all the comments including yours. I know i have made alot of progress and i've only been suffering for 3 months with the missed beats. i hope you continue to post.
You know when I first read your comments, I thought you were pretty snappy too and I was sort of hurt by your comment directed at me.  But now that I have read your latest post, I think you are absolutely right. Whether my weird heart happenings will kill me is yet to be seen, but I am basically wasting my life away doing exactly what you write of...
"Close the search engine, the medical journal, the forums, and whatever else. Stop trying to find ways you can validate your fears of death, because thats hurting you far more than the pvcs." And you are right... I need to get better for my kids more than for anyone else.  I am all that they have and I need to focus in on that fact and put an end to my obsession.  When this started 8 months ago, I was having horrible panic attacks that lasted for weeks.  I shook all the time and was afraid to move out of my bed.  When I finally got out of my bed, I had to run every day, get in the car and drive around just so I would be around people if I died so someone would call 911.  I would always drive around in neighborhoods close to my own because there is a fire dept. every couple of miles and I was thinking that if anyone could save me, the paramedics could.  And then, I took control and stopped the running and convinced my brain to face it.  I broke my panic attacks all by myself with no medication.  I told myself that my mind is stronger than my body.  Then I have slipped backwards and have become almost afraid to leave my house to do anything.  I only get groceries every 3 weeks or so.  So once again, I will try to take control and help myself.  I know my brain is stronger than this.  I have wasted so much of my new baby's life living in fear and I won't ever be able to get all this time back that I lost.  Thanks for your comments that I resented.  You are right and I am gonna try harder to beat this ****. Hell, it's Friday night, maybe I'll take my kids to the movies.

thats so great to hear!!!! Thats why i try and be blunt, because i personally believe, practice, and feel, to get better, you have to face the reality.. That brought such a big smile to my face, and im sure it will bring even bigger smiles to your childrens faces! If you feel overwhelmed, dont feel like you have to go it alone.. THATS what this forum is for, a place to vent and find support in the context of healing, i just get sad when i see it used as a place to feed eachothers sickness, and its so easy to fall into that pattern unless you literally pull yourself out by your boots..Have you tried talking to a counselor yet? Sometimes, talking to someone who isnt struggling, and wont judge you, and can tell you as a professional what is happening to you mentally, can be so relieving and helpful! good luck!
Look, you are on a public forum so I am in a position and yes I'm sorry, I felt some of your recent comments were a bit snappy. I have the right to feel that way and comment on it. I see you on here all of the time and I know you offer valuable advice and many people seek your opinion and that's wonderful. I understand you are just trying to get your point across by being blunt and not beat around the bush and not sugar coat things...it's just that not everyone has gotten to that point where they are mentally able to do that. Unfortunetly, it is not a snap decision we can make in an instant, it is a journey that we are all making and hoping to land where you have. I, myself have enjoyed many of your previous posts, they have reassured me and helped me feel better but it was just recently that I have noticed more abrupt or more harsh comments...that's all I am simply saying. Happy New Year and Be safe everyone.
First off, ide just like to point out that when i make a comment, im not making it to the forum, im making a comment on a case by case basis, to an individual, and am not directing it to the entire forum unless otherwise noted.. Im not starting a thread myself, and therefor am not leaving any of my comments open for additional comment, unless my advice was directed towards you personally.. I only comment on the comments that ask to be commented on , either directly, or based on the content of the question itself.

Ide also just like to point out, i dont think anyone is ever mentally fully prepared to hear bad health related news, but this is not an excuse to drive yourself into obession and rob yourself and loved ones of your health and mental wellbeing... There is no such thing as not being mentally ready to take care of yourself and lead yourself away from the consuming nature these pvc's can have.
Ok..clearly you are not able to take ANY sort of constructive criticism so I am sorry for that and will not comment on any more of your comments...I will simply keep coming back to the forum for my own personal reasons and hope everyone else does the same.
I dont think this thread is a place to quibble, and i dont think you are in a position to critisize me, or anyone else reguarding advice :) So why dont we let it drop, since i dont really appreciate this negativity on a thread that had turned so positive.
Oho
A little afraid to enter this post ---- hope I'm not intruding, but I have hyperthyroidism, and have had it for over 20 years, treated with radioactive iodine and keeping it adjustd is a life long process.  It causes palpitations (as well as too low - hypothyroidism).  Lot so Docs don't do the test regularly enough.  Just a thought.  Happy New Year!!!!!
OMG...then stop it already...you got the last word....Happy now...good grief.
oho, good suggestions, some doctors dont test for thyroid problems, and this should be mandetory in my opinion.. Ide also suggest those suffering from palps get tested for diabetes as well..

Yoshi. You are acting extremely immature. Ive already told you once, feel free to ignore my comments if you do not agree. Please stop wasting space with your nonsense.
Hi collegegirl! I have posted a qs on the thread: Tachycardia when falling asleep and i was hoping you may be able to look at it and give me some advice?

Just wanted to ask another qs too if thats ok. What are the symptoms of AFIB? How would someone know if they are in AFIB?
the symptoms of AFIB are very similar to SVT, Basically, the top part of the heart is sending out many impulses to beat, usually between 300-600 impulses per minute. The AV node does not let all the impulses travel to the ventricles, so frequently a pulse during afib will be around 150.. The only way to know for sure is to catch the rhythm on a monitor. Some of the other symptoms are chest discomfort, shortness of breath, dizziness, pretty much the same sensations you would get with svt.. afib is also the most common heart arrhythmia. I dont think you have afib, but if you are worried, ask your doctor for a monitor, just be sure you can accept the answer and move on if nothings wrong.

It seems like you are searching desperatly to try and find a heart problem that is going to explain away your symptoms. This is not healthy and you're going to terrify yourself into thinking you have anything and everything wrong with your heart.. Ive seen soooo many people do this, and it hurts you far worse than the svt and palps will. My suggestion is to get one more event monitor, keep it for a month, record everything you feel, talk to your doctor. After this, let everytihng else go and focus on HEALING rather than trying to find a problem. Good luck!!!!
Are you completely free of palps or are you just dealing really well?
Thanks collegegirl, if the symptoms are like svt then i don't have afib, my pulse isn't irregular and doesn't go upto 150.
You're right, it seems everyday i feel a new symptom and begin diagnosng myself and i become very convinced.

You say you have seen so many people do this, what can we do to stop? infact when i am having an ok day and i read this forum i also feel that there are many others like me.
i have requested for another event monitor but i know it will take a month if not more to receive and then another month to get feedabck from results. in the meantime it doesn't matter how many docs i speak to they will tell me that they're not cardiologists and i should just wait at home and if there is an emergency call for an ambulance. Advice like that doesn't really help people like me, it usually makes me worry more, thinking what is the doctor hiding from me? Things are very different here in England.last month i had an svt attack and went to the hospital for treatment, i was told to follow up with my doc in the morning. i spoke to my doc and he just sat there and listened to my ordeal. He was not able to offer me any advice at all apart from "its not life threatening!". I asked him if i could start a beta blocker he said yes but he wanted me to see the cardiologist regarding which beta blocker and what dose. i'm still waiting for the appointment to see my cardiologist and its been over a month!! Sorry for the long post but for me and probably alot of others it is the advice we get here from people who have suffered from similar experiences, that gives us some reassurance and lets us sleep at night!! Thanks
The only thing you can do to stop, is accept.. You have to accept the fact that you have svt and pvc's..You have to accept that they arent going to kill you.. Truely accept it.. Accept the fact that doctors are not hiding information from you ( very illegal and one of the first things you learn about in medical ethics classes).. I find that the people who have the most problems with accepting things are the people who are the most controlling in nature.. The heart is one thing we cannot control, and this can be scary, because it is so important. I know seeing peoples stories can make you feel better, but are they REALLY helping you?

It seems most patients use other patients stories as an excuse to try and find even more things wrong with them.. I think that exchanging of experiences should be done strictly during the time when you have already accepted what you have, what you DONT have, and that you personally are not going to die from this, but if it helps YOU, by all means, do what feels right to you! For some people it just takes ALOT of time, alot of living and seeing day after day that you're stll alive, and FINALLY getting fed up with all that life you've wasted and will never get back..Behavioral therapy, and sometimes medication can help drastically, and you have nothing to lose.. The day will come when you are ok, and have dealt with this, and it will seem silly.. The only question is how long it will take you to get to that day, and how much you are willing to lose waiting to get there.
Im SVT free since i had an ablation. This also helped reduce the about of palps i get, but i still get some.. Im fine because of coped. It caught me off guard at first since i didnt find out about SVT until later in life, but i knew more than enough to know i couldnt let it control my life, and it wasnt a dangerous thing. Most people dont have that luxury, but that doesnt mean you cant get much better fairly quickly..
its good to know that you found success after the ablation. i also have SVT and have no idea how to deal with it. before the ablation were you on any meds? Do you have PVCs
She said she still gets some. Just about everybody gets them sometimes.
i did not take any medications. I have hypotension, so taking any kind of beta blocker would have worsened this, and it wasnt worth it to me to risk taking the antiarrhythmics..I do still get pvc's, more frequently than i imagined. Im currently on vacation and got very sick a few nights ago, and ended up in the local hospital to get some fluids since i cant start a line on myself lol.. I had a very high fever which made my heart rate very elevated, so i had them do a baseline ekg which was normal, but i had alot of pvc's and couplets, and never felt a one. Once you calm down and desensatize your body to the pvc's, you wont feel them as much
i am not too bothered about the pvcs at the moment. i still do get frightned by them at times but not as much as i was 3 months ago when i was first diagnosed with them, i just get really angry now when i get alot of them!!
About a week ago i had a stomach virus which left me dehydrated and i was having tons of pvcs. my resting rate which is usually 55bpm went to 100bpm for about 24 hrs!!
I have been told that my svt is probably AVNRT, i am not ready for an ablation yet, i would love to be able to take meds to help with the svt. my doc prescribed me a low dose b.blocker but i also like you have low bp 90-100/50-60 bpm and my heart rate is usually low unless i'm anxious. Its so good to hear that your ablation has worked for you, i've ready many stories about how the ablation didnt work for many people. how often did you have the svt attacks and for how long? have you ever had to go to hospital for treatment because of svt?
HI I LIVE DOWN THE STREET SO TO SAY SAME AREA AS YOU BENDING OVER I HAVE VT AND A-FIB FROM 3 PROCEDURES TO GET RID OF LVOT-VT/RVOT-VT. I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WELL DR SAID THAT SOMETIMES YOU CN DEVELOPE WATER/ FLUID AROUND YOUR HEART ABD THIS CAN CAUSE THOSE SYMTOMS. HE SAID TAKING ADVIL FOR A FEW DAYS WILL MAKE IT GO AWAY. IF YOU STILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM SEEK YOUR DR.
I was very excited to see this forum with the bending over/palps. My whole life I would have tachycardia not knowing what it was, and every single time it happened was when I bent over to pick something up.  I would have episodes that would last over an hour.  I used to joke around to my friends at school and tell them I was having a miniature heart attack, never knowing that all along I had WPW.  I started to think I could control these attacks by exhaling when I bent down to pick something up. I remember telling my doctor that every time I bent down I got these attacks, but he didn't connect the two at all.  I ended up getting diagnosed with WPW, went on atenolol for 5 1/2 years, had the ablation and still get PVCs, etc....  I just wanted to respond to the bending over thing that was really neat to hear that happens to other people, all these years I thought it was just me.  
have been very interested reading posts. I'm getting long runs ventricular ectopics, thousands most days, some days bit less. Uncomfortable, puzzling, etc. Many of these I feel in chest / just generally through limbs etc and at times if pounding you can see them in my neck, even the 'skips'. Getting used to idea that they are 'benign' and never did fear they'd kill me.

Had stress test which showed pre excitation was told had a conduction problem, possibly wpw or concealed wpw and put off work.
I've had episodes of that all my life but docs never listened, I was anaemic since teens (now 48) and they always just tried to treat that, and I never thought it was anything to do with my heart.
I've alternately wondered about hypos/thyroid etc cos I always knew something was wrong, I couldn't tolerate excercise whatsoever, heart would start racing and thump and flutter, I'd feel fatigued and nauseous and faint. I'd stop and after few minutes would be ok. Lost count of all the times over the years. But that's what showed on ecg as I was recovering and that apparently is the pre excitation.

Now, having learned a bit, it looks to me that these are two separate problems.

1. Ventricular ectopics / bigeminy, and the successive runs which record on ecg as ventricular tachycardia  
2. Pre excitation, possible wpw or concealed wpw - the episodes I get when there's tachycardia and very fast flutter.

Seems to me  that 1 is 'ok', and 2 is not and (as docs said) may need ablation.

Or are they actually linked ?

Anyone enlighten me please ?
Hi again,
I'm sorry, I only just rtealised I posted the above post on the wrong 'thread', didn't mean to hijack it, got a lot to learn about posting !! Thanks. : )
Hi and I have the same problem . I noticed yesterday I got a bunch in a row again. Have had them in a while that many in a row. I started getting them when I hot 40 years old and I am now 41. I get them so bad I cry and beg god to help me. I get very embarrassed as someone else said . My son seems to be the only one that sits through them with me til they calm down. But I have noticed I get them more when storms come. Like my body is letting me know in advance to be prepared cause I am terrified of lightening. lol But I wanted to come in and give everyone something that I have found that does work. I have only been able to try doing this in my bath water so far with Epsom salts. I have the site if you would like to see for yourself. But they say that Magnesium is the best thing to relieve the palps. So far it does work for me. But like I said I have only tried it in my bath water with the Epsom Salt. There is magnesium in Epsom Salt. When I get paid soon I will be buying the mineral. So I do hope this helps for you. But please remember to ask your doctor before trying anything. Also let me know if you would like the site ,the man talking is a doctor and  made the site for us all to be able to go to and understand more on why our body does this and other things as well. I have been told by my doctors (Cardiologist)  that i have no less than 200 palps a day. I am able to deal with them cause I know I won't die but it is still scary. But as I said I know I wont die so they don't get to me like they use to. I am will to try this and see if it helps and so far my tries have not been in for nothing. But don't just go and use Magnesium Oxide cause it doesn't break down as well as the others.  
I have the same problem. Sometimes at night I can't lay down flat, it take several hours. I feel a jolt go through my heart and lots of skips, almost like it stops sometimes when I am trying to ease down to lay. When I sit back up it is better. The skipping is sometimes worse when I am really tierd. Most of the time when I try and pick something up off the floor it also happens. I have had this off and on for about 2 years. My heart always checks out fine. I am learning to live with it. I had a cardioligist tell me he had never heard of this at all ever. I am glad to hear I am not the only one that has this problem.
Hello! I felt the same feeling about my heart and the amount of palpataions...I have outburst of Pac's (diagnosed by cardiologist) randomly but notice every 6 months or so, I get flareups for 4 to 6 days straight every 3 to 20 seconds apart! I can't sleep when this happens but I tell myself I'm still alive and I have had this for 3 years now (about).  now hen I lean forward to pick up after kids or work, my heart started fluttering.... I also started to have really fast heart rate around 1 am that wake me up afterI either drink wine or tequilla.  I am 36 and never had this problem...especially the fast beats. And it's not the drinks that did this to me, it is the weird heart reactions I am living with now.
Wow many are in the same boat as me. It comes on when I bend to pick something up, sit too quickly etc. I trace mine back to ever since I became a vegan. Lack of Iodine can cause low thyroid. So Hyperthyroid. Which can then cause fibroids. Also excess estrogen. So it happens to a lot of women who have a hormonal imbalance. Conventional Doctors just say its normal or just say hormone but you never get the reason as to how the hormones play a part. Please get your Thyroid checked. I am not talking from a conventional doctor. Visit a naturopath. Have a total hormone test done. Other things like low iron and poor circulation are causes. So check those things out. I just started coffee enemas which clear the liver of excess estrogen which in turn should shrink fibroids. Been doing this for 2 months now. The PVCs are not gone but lets just say they decreased slightly. They come more right before my cycle so that just tells you it  has some connection to hormones. I also take wheatgrass daily. I also take Norwegion kelp as  my form of Iodine for a low thyroid.
Hi  I wanted to add that I just had a 24 hr halter & It showed that I am having PVC's 14% of the time .. all day & all night.  I go to a cardiologist next Monday to see what that means .. but I heard it was btwn Mild & Moderate PVC's ..  I am also really concerned as to what that many might imply about my heart's health. ... Any comments are welcome
I've had PVC's since I was 27.  I'm now 59.  I can go long stretches without any and then suddenly they can continue for 30 minutes and suddenly stop.  I've had them as long as 8 hours.  I know, very scary but they could never find anything wrong with my heart.  Just enjoy your life and your kids.  You can't let this rule your life or you won't have one.  
I have PVC's and PAC's and they actually hurt. Feels like a muscle spasm. I get them a lot when sitting a certain way or bending at the waist. There has to be a physical reason why this aggravates the heart's electrical system.

Finally caught these arrhythmias on a 48 hour holter and found 83 PAC's, 14 PVC's and several episodes of PSVT.

Sometimes I wake up in full 150bpm tachycardia and sometimes I feel a flutter that lasts for maybe 10 to 15 seconds and during that time, I have no pulse. That last "no pulse" thing and the tachycardia wasn't recorded on the holter. So I am worried that my cardiologist might not think all of these different abnormal rhythms are serious when they might be.

Sometimes I feel them and they aren't too bad but other times I feel like I could die. The heartbeat feels like shoes in a dryer sometimes and scares the begeezes out of me.

On top of everything I suspect that sometimes these sensations in my chest may not be a palpitation, but may be gastric related or an esophogeal spasm... or even an intercostal muscle spasm. BUT I can't determine or record what is happening because I can't find an ECG monitor to record my own heart waveforms.

Does anyone know of a good 24 hour ambulatory ECG that I could buy for personal monitoring? I have had these weird episodes for 2.5 years and if I could actually see the waveform I would be much less anxious. And I could know more about my body.
ALL PEOPLE WITH PVC, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

I have the same problem. When bend or move to left while bending 1 or 2 PVC happens but I'm really about to save everyone from this issue. I have been having this problem for 2 years maybe more but this year they are more powerful beats. I went to the cardiologist and he said dont worry you will not die and wanted to make that 24 hour holter thing. I said no, because everything is normal with my heart he said, so detecting pvc in holter is no needed for me really as I know there are pvcs happening.

I read tons of forums and articles about this problem and I realized everybodies common is when they sit fast, deep breath, bend over, it happens or when you turn left while you sleep and looks like it happened a lot to people who was pregnant.

My theory is, from our common points, I suspect this is all about stomach makes pressure on heart. There were some articles I have read that a part of stomach goes up where it is not belongs to, now that causes a serious pressure on the heart. This is called Hiatal Hernia. And that pressure affects the vagus nerve which causes to irregular heart beats. I'm %100 sure after reading tons of article and forum threads this is the reason and many doc does not focus on this. When you bend over, sit fast, turn left while sleep, deep breath your stomach goes up and boom thats the reason. Especially it happens badly when you 'deep breath and bend over or go up to take something because on that moment you take a powerful breath naturally and you keep your breath for a sec while you take something from up or bending over to take something. Try it now you will understand and stomach goes up, the air goes down and makes pressure on heart, thats the reason I'm really sure. When you sit fast, your stomach again makes pressure to up.

Docs cannot diagnose Hiatal Hernia if you dont have severe permenant Hiatal Hernia. The thing is part of your stomach goes up where it doesnt belong to and goes back where it should be on that moment pvc happens. I think this is why people never able to find the reason of PVC's, because when you go to doc, your stomach is in normal position.

Why your stomach goes up where it shouldnt:
- GERD
- Too much gas
- You are tighten your self too much because of an anxiety and stress

This list can go like that but what we need to do is, we need to find to fix this problem, so that we can get rid of this pvc issue.

How I know all this, my stomach is always hard and stiff, I cant get gas out many times. Doctors should focus on this instead of blaming this issue to normal, you wont die words.

I'm trying some herbs and breath techniques etc.. I will find the solution and will give it to all world, we will all get rid of this believe me. I should be a doc, I'm in wrong side. :)
I have also an evidence to support my theory, press your both hand hard and hold on your stomach the top side of it right under the heart where your chest bone starts and hold it, try, sit fast, bend over, turn left, take deep breath you will notice that it does not happen. I have done this test while holding my hand and press on my stomach really hard it never happened and done the test not pressing, it happened while not pressing. I have confirmed this test at least 30 times on different days and this is why I am so sure about my theory. Your stomach maybe normal to you but this is what you think, it is not in subconscious.