Heart Disease Community
Plavix side affects sulfur allergy

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Plavix side affects sulfur allergy

How much sulfur is in Plavix?  My mother, 78 years old, was put on plavix after having 3 stents put in more than 1 year ago.  She took plavix for one year.  During that time she had stomach cramping, confusion, off balance, light headed.  She is allergic to sulfur. She stopped taking plavix and her symptoms went away.   6 months later she is having angina attacks and is set up for a dye test among others. Her doctor wants her to take plavix again until they decide what to do.  Her sulfur allergy isn't going to just go away. I don't think the benifits of the plavix outweigh the sulfur allergy.
Do you mean sulfa, or sulfur?  My dad cannot take sulfa drugs, and he was just put on Plavix....Where did you hear that Plavix had sulfa?  YIKES!
I don't have the medicine with me.  Look on the paperwork that comes with the prescription. It lists what the drug is made up of.  One of the ingredients is a sulfate.  As far as I know that means it has to have some form of sulfur in it. The doctors consider this a magic pill and it may be great for most people but not for everyone. My Mom has other symtoms (symptoms), confusion, bad bruising, balance problems. Not near as bad since she quit Plavix.  My Dad died a year ago and I blamed some of the symtoms (symptoms) on depression for her.  But after time passed and she is improving on that I thought her symptems were coming from something else and started investigating her medication. She is seeing her heart doctor today.
i had a stint put in my leg the hospital that put it in had my file in my file i am allergic to aspirin and sulfur related drugs so what do they give me plavix and aspirin they all most killed me because of it i went in apoplectic shock it is pretty bad when they give you drugs that they know could kill you