Heart Disease Community
Recall of St Jude Pacemakers

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Recall of St Jude Pacemakers

I had a St Jude Pacemaker implanted in 6/2011.  Model# PM2210.  Do you know if this was one of the defective models recently recalled as defective?
You were given a card when your device was implanted, it will list a phone number to contact the manufacturer.  
Avatar n tn
Hi again Flycaster305,
I have another question for you.  
Since you have the same type, did the manufacturer tell you if it was involved in the recall or not or do they need more information.
I have had many problems since having mine implanted and don't know which way to go next.
It would seem that I had the same model implanted in 2013 as the mitzi1234 had implanted in 2011.  
To the best of my knowledge, they had some recalls between 2011 & 2013 and have to wonder if mine could be among those.  
I will take your advice given to mitzi1234 and I will call the number on the card for additional information
Thanks for any info you can add.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for posting your question.  I too am looking for information about a recall on this pacemaker as I have experienced problems that mirror the problems I had when I first found I needed a pacemaker.
I had it reprogrammed once but the results although very good were short lived.
Let me know if you learn anymore that might help both of us and I will do the same.
I hope I didn't leave a confusing message.  I don't have a St. Jude's pacer, I have a Biometric, but EVERY pacemaker I know of gives you access to the manufacturer and consultants on the card.  
Avatar n tn
Thank you. My mistake.
Question:  do you think the manufacturer will be truthful if I were to inquire as to rather mine was on the recall list?
I'm sure they would be honest about the recall. What would be gained from lying? May I ask you what the reason was that you received the pacemaker? I may need one if the symptoms I experience can't be resolved through shock therapy. Pretty nervous here.
Avatar n tn
Sure,
I had a heart rate of 32 beats per minute.  I was having issues of passing out while sitting down.  I have never passed out while walking or moving about.
The pace maker was implanted and the next day they needed to go back in for some wire malfunction.
I was fine for a few weeks until and the same symptoms popped up again.
I will shorten the story for the sake of space.  I had it reprogramed once by the St. Jude Techs but after about a week, I was back passing out again.
All tests have been done to check for other problems that could cause this issue and now all that is left is the pace maker.
I recently learned about a recall and want to learn more.  
Not to worry too much about the pace maker.  Just ask the Dr. ahead of time what type of pace maker you will have installed and I would ask why they chose that type for you.  Then go on line and learn as much as possible about that pace maker as you will have it for a lifetime.
Mine was put in under emergency conditions so I could not do the research.  
I can't believe people spend more time picking out a car than they will getting to know about something that they will spend their life with.  
It is good you are looking ahead but don't stress about it.
I am believed to have an electrical problem with my heart. Have had all tests done as to find blockage/disease and all are normal. My heart rate gets high, like up to 130 bpm with no known cause. Chronic fatigue, feeling faint, chest pain. Hopefully this electrocardiologist will find my problem and the shock therapy will help me regain a normal life. Sure beats a pacer! Good luck to you and best of health!!!