Right Bundle Branch Block
Hi, im a 19 y\o male, and about 3 years ago I was told I had a incomplete right bundle branch block. Needless to say I developed aniexty from this because I was worried, and didnt really know what it was. I had some tests done to try and ease my worries. I had some ekg`s, blood tests, echocardiogram, stress test, and wore a holter monitor for 24 hours. Anyways, I used to be very active, but lately this is starting to bother me again and im worried about weather or not I should be excerising too much or not. When I seen the cardiogolist, I was active at the time, and he said to continue what im doing and not worry. I recently read some problems that are associated with a bundle branch block, and im pretty worried. Just wondering if anyone has any infomation about bundle branch blocks.
The EKG/holter is best test for any electrical impulse disorder.  If there is a RBBB there will be an impairment to normal rhythm i.e. skipped beat, more than a single beat, etc.  Usually, RBBB should be confirmed with other signs and symptoms and apparently the doctor is not able to confirm with other clinical evidence.  The abnormal EKG my have been a variant artefact.
I think you can relax, I have always had an incomplete right bundle branch block as well, 50 years old and no problems. In fact, my doctor never told me about it until I saw it on an EKG as part of an annual physical 3 years ago. He said it's always been there and he does not usually tell his patients they have it because of your situation, they get more concerned than necessary, start reading about bad things on the internet and their quality of life suffers.

In short (pun), there is a incomplete blockage in the right nerve bundle that carries the electrical impulse that determines when thoses chambers fire. IRBBBs rarely have any prognostic value and since you have had all the other tests and your cardiologist said you were ok, I would go with that. There is more of an issue with LBBBs as they can indicate CAD.

If you have concerns, confirm with your doctgor or cardiologist that you are ok to exercise. I'm not a doctor so you should check with one to get the OK to be safe. I'm just passing along what I was told.

Hope it helps...

jon
I have a 13 year old son who was just diagnosed w/ Incmeplete Right Bundle Branch Block and the only reason I had him tested via ECG was because he was complaining of chest pains and shortness of breath, beside the fact that his father was only recently dianosed w/ congestive heart failure and c.o.p.d. w/ chronic bronchitis. I would like some information before taking him to a doctor for further tests. He has a Dr. appt. on the 25th of this month with a specialist. Please give me some relief from the anxioty I am feeling about this. Thank You