Heart Disease Community
Right sided numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Right sided numbness

I had a heart catherization in August of this year. The dr went in thru my wrist, and when I awoke from procedure, my right side, in particular my fingers and my leg were numb..Here it is December and I am still experiencing difficulty, with fingers on right hand and have to use a walker now, to get around..is it possible that I have nerve damage, from the dr going in thru my wrist?
I'm not sure how a nerve in the arm or shoulder might affect the leg as well but as for the arm and hand, yes, I can see where you might have problems. After one of my ablations (done through the femoral veins) a nerve was bruised on the right side. I had deep aching pain in the groin and down to the knee. It hurt to sit at all and when I did, I kept my leg stretched out as far as I could. It eventually cleared up but it took a few months.

The fact that you're using a walker indicates something is wrong. Have you been back to the doctor to get some answers?
I have the same problem, after my stents were placed, the right side of my right foot is numb. This was 5 years ago and, so far, has not been solved.

Jesus