Stent Implantation and heart pain
Hello, I wanted to find out if there is a certain heart reaction to the angioplasty procedure. My father (58)  had angioplasty resulting in 3 stents. A couple of hours after the procedure he started to feel a terrible pain which lasted about 4 hours. While in pain he was given morphine and other pain killers but none of it helped. The cardiologist that performed angioplasty said it was a normal heart reaction since the heart muscle swell after the procedure and until it gets back from the "after shock" and swelling goes down the pain will occur. It doesn't seem right to me, especially that the doctors did not do anything for so many hours while my dad suffered this horrible pain.
I've heard from a couple of people that had the procedure done and they do not recall any major pain after having it done.
I'm trying to find out other peoples view and if there was some kind of neglect from the doctor or something he is not sharing with us. I really don't have anybody to ask and any opinion would be appreciated.
I can't speak for everyone but I can offer what I clearly remember from having a stent installed.
Before the procedure I had terrible throat discomfort that I had been suffering for over a year. As soon as the stent was inserted and the catheter removed, I instantly felt the
discomforts disappear. I felt great, immediately and had no pains.
Thank you for your comment. I greatly appreciate anything I can find out about any kinds of discomfort after the stent implantation. According to the doctor all I described in my post is ver normal but I can't find anything about that being normal from other sources. Thank you again.
I had an angioplasty about 6 weeks ago and then a week later a dbl bypass and had no discomfort or problems....
I am sure each person must react differently....all considering my sternum is healing well as is the fact that I am breathing better and feeling better....My folks had stints in a year and two respectively ago... and both had different symptoms...Mom had some discomfort Dad none