VSD and ASD in baby
Hi all, my third son has been diagnosed by ASD 1.7mm and perimembranous VSD 4.4mm.  He is 4 weeks old and seems OK so far (gain weigth, no shortness of breath, no bluish skin, etc).  The doctor said no action is needed at this moment and we have to wait, hopefully the hole will become smaller and close completely.  The dr seems quite sure the ASD will be OK but the VSD ihas 60% chance complete sealed.
I want to know whether VSD of 4.4mm is considered small , medium, or large VSD for 1 month old baby?  What is the chanches (based on medical record) of the hole that size in perimembranous will close completely and how long usually it take before we know if it is going to close?  The dr seems suggesting that it could be up to 4 years.  Do I need medical action before 4 years for my son's best interest in later year (eventhough his growth is OK, but the hole is not completely sealed)?
Thanks for your attention and help.  This has been a shock for my familly as no one has history of CHD in our close family.
don't know if this will help at all; my son is now 3 1/2; he has a perimembranous vsd (don't know the size) and is a stage 2; his still has not closed; they told us his would close around the age of 2 and that sometimes people's never close; his dr said that they rarely do surgery to close the holes any more because the risks are far more riskier; but that also depends on how severe they are; he regularly (every 1-2 years) gets checked by his ped cardiologist; we also had no history of this in our family; have done hours upon hours of looking this up on the internet and it will frighten you to say the least; would love to know more about what the dr's are telling you and how your son does; my son gets sob whenever he exerts himself too much and this scares me so bad; now we are having trouble with his blood pressure being elevated
Hello ladies, my baby was born with both asd and vsd 3mm .. What worries us is the perimembranous vsd,, she is 3months old now with no symptoms ,, so kindly can u tell me what happened with your kids ,, hopefully they r doing great.. Thanks in advance