Valve regurgitation
I had an Echo performed about two years ago after experiencing PVC's.  The results came back normal however, I noticed something alarming on the report that the cardiologist did not discuss with me.  It said I had trace regurgitation in the tricuspid and aortic valves.

I continue to have palpitations and also occassionally will have shortness of breath and weird sensations in my chest.  I have asthma so it is entirely possible some of my symptoms (besides the palps) are due to asthma.

How normal/abnormal is it to have trace regurg and is it something that has to be monitored over time?  My doc is pretty adamant about not scheduling me for more tests because he thinks my heart is fine.  I, however, do not.  I have had these symptoms on and off for nearly three years now.
Couldn't remember if I did or not so I just pulled out my echo report from May 2005 and I have trace tricuspid regurgitation too.
I've rarely heard of an echo result that didn't have trace/trivial (interchangeable words) regurgitation with some valve(s).
Doubt it means much of anything.
I just had an echo done at the Mayo Clinic two weeks ago.  It showed trace, trivial regurg in 3 of the 4 valves.  The doctor reassured and reassured me that this is NOTHING.   The tech doing the test also said she has more regurg than me as do her kids and they do nothing for it.  She said she sees some trace regurg in almost everyone.  Hope that makes you feel better.  
Thanks!  That makes me feel better.
Don't worry it's VERY common.  
My daughter is 20 months old and has a congenital heart defect. She also has regurge in her triscupid and aortic valves, which the cardiologist says is mild and normal for her to have with the heart defect. The cardiologist always checks when she has echo scans to make sure they haven't got worse. So far they are staying as mild regurge. They can get to moderate and severe (over time) and if get too severe may need replacing. If there's anything you don't understand with the regurge, don't hesitate to talk to your cardiologist.