Heart Disease Community
What kind of heart disease am suffering?

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am 44 yrs female, 173 cm, 110kg, recently lost 10 kg from dieting. Am hypertensive. I have been using apprinox and atenolol for 5 years now. Recently I have developed pain coming from my left chest to left arm continuous not affected by my dep breath or normal breathing, I have shortness of breath and cant walk for more than 15 minutes without feeling heavy chest. I recently took ECG, results were normal, Echo results were as follows: MV - N (NORMAL), AV - N, TV - N, PV - N, LA - N, RA - N, LV: IVSD 1.75, IVSS 1.8, FS 28%, EF 5%, LVID D 5.17, LVID S 3.68, LVPW D 1.68, LVPW S 1.34, IV SEPTUM INTACT,AORTA 3.0, IA SEPTUM INTACT, PULM ARTERY NORMAL,GOOD LV FUNCTION, NORMAL CARDIAC CHAMBERS/VALVES,NO PERICE EFFUSION OR THROMBOSIS, CONCENTRIC LVH,CONCLUSION:LVH HT, MILD MR. dR.PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT EXACTLY DOES THOSE RESULT MEAN TO ME AND WHAT MEASURES SHOULD i TAKE? MY DR. PRESCRIBED ATACAND AFTER THE RESULTS FOR 1 MONTH, i HAVE BEEN TAKING THE MEDICINE FOR A WEEK i STILL FEEL ALL THE SYMPTOMS.
Didn't your doctor discuss the diagnosis with you?  Was any type of stress test ordered?
Is there a mistake in your data? Do you really mean: "EF 5%" or it is a transcription mistake?

Jesus
No stress test done, it is scheduled this week. The EF was 55% but had another echo done today the EF is 73% and theFS is 42%
In this forum, there are not doctors, we all are patients like you, here is my understanding:

Your heart it is in relatively good shape, it suffer Left Ventricle Hypertrophy (thicker wall) and a small regurgitation in the mitral valve. This is typical or high Blood Pressure.

The problem is that I do not think that this justify your symptoms that, if due to heart, are probably due to blockages in the coronary arteries. To see the state of those, the golden test is angiography.

A less invasive test, to be done initially, is the stress test that ChatterAlly suggest.

Another possibility is to medicate with vase dilators to see if the symptoms disappear.

I think you need to go back to your cardiologist for further investigation. This time ask for a clear diagnose and ask if that diagnose will justify all your symptoms.

Jesus
Thank you for the feedback, I will surely follow up with my cadio and the stress test, so far am medicated with dilators t and some symptoms already are diappearing. Thank you Jesus for the insight.

Ashura
I would like to give you more development on my desease. I went for the stress test yesterday and the results actually came out very good, I was negative and in good condition. The dr aid the pan was not angina and that blood flow was ok no blockages in the coronary arteries and oxygen was ok. He said am ok. He said I should stop asprin and the the like. Question is what is the problem now causing all the symtoms (symptoms)?