Wire Protrusion
Hello, this question is about my eighty-three (83) year old grandfather who had quadruple bypass surgery in November 2007. This is six-months after the surgery, and a strange phenomenon occurred. Out of nowhere, a wire protruded from my grandfather's chest. It was actually an area between the stomach and the chest. My mother and I are baffled, we did not call the hospital but we are taking him to a doctor. He did not complain of any pain when it was coming out and the wire left no blood. Since my grandfather is not fully functional mentally, he was not distressed by the phenomenon as if it were normal. Do you have any idea what this six-inch wire might be?
After an open heart surgery, the rib cage at the sternum is wired together to facilitate healing...the wiring should remain tied and not lose.