catheter ablation or pacemaker
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some good advice. I am a 40 year old female with arrythmias, sinus tachycardia my heart rate at rest is 110 I am scheduled to see an electrophysiologist on the 8 of july I think after everything I read I would rather have a pacemaker than a catheter ablation what do you think? I can not take beta blockers because of my blood pressure being too low and I need to get my heart slowed down because I have a rare lung disease and for me to have the open lung bypass my heart must be fixed first. Can anyone help me make a decision on what to do.
Everyone is different, but I chose a cath ablation when I had my arrythmias instead of medicine and pacemaker and I am very happy I did it that way.  I had the ablation done in 3/98. for Right Ventricle Outflow Tachycardia.  There were two areas ablated and I haven't had a problem since.  
Done and over with and I am 40 now.

Good luck :)
Typically a pacemaker is used for slow heart rates; it will bring it up to speed. If the doctor wants to slow down your sinus tach, it seems like he'd have to ablate the sinus node and then use a pacemaker to pace you the rest of your life. That seems extreme. Have you discussed this with the cardio? You mentioned "arrythmias" but didn't say what kind.

I've had PSVT (a type of intermittent tachy) all my life. I've had 3 ablations to bring it under control and it's been a big help. But I haven't needed a pacemaker.