enlarged right ventricle

I had an Echo done during my stress test. It revealed an enlarged right ventricle. I brought this to the attention of my PCP. He said my ventricle is normal based on a previous 2d echo I did prior to the stress test. He said that the echo performed during the stress test was a resting echo. They actually measure the ventricles during a 2D ventricle. Is this correct?
All of my echos where single-dimension images, known as M-mode echo that allows accurate measurement of the heart chambers. There is more sophisticated echo with advanced imaging. At that is the two- dimensional (2-D) Echo and is capable of displaying a cross-sectional "slice" of the beating heart, including the chambers, valves and the major blood vessels that exit from the left and right ventricle.  Yes, your ventricles were measured with 2D.

Thanks for your question and if you have any further questions or comments you are welcome to respond.  Take care,

Ken