heart
my husband has only 10 percnt of his heart working and need a heart transplant...he just had a triple by pass to prolong his life a little longer the question is how long do you think he will live
Did they consider a left ventricle assist device? it's a small electric pump which pushes blood out the heart to give it a lot of assistance. This is pretty much a standard procedure now in the UK to give support until a transplant becomes available. I know a man who had a transplant 12 years ago and he's still doing great. When he recovered from his surgery he spent his first 5 years travelling the world, something he always wanted to do.
May I ask what caused the heart failure in your husband? did he have several heart attacks?
I was told three years ago that my only option was a transplant, but I was fortunate and found someone to stent my arteries. I was lucky because there was no muscle death, just lots of blockages. I was quoted at that time "there is an 80% chance of surviving the first year after a transplant, then the odds increase in your favour with each year". They understand so much more now about tissue matches and rejection problems. Far more than they knew even a decade ago.
My uncle was in bad shape when he received the LVAD.  It helped to strengthen his body and prolong his life while waiting for a transplant.  I would definitely ask about it.