heart probs or muscle probs?
I'm a 23 year old guy that's not overweight at all. I don't get a ton of exercise, but I do bike around a bit every now and then. I rode my bike 4.5 miles this morning without much problem. I have had some heart palpitations occasionally in the past, but my doc (2 of them over the last couple years actually) said it's nothing much to worry about it it's just occasional. I'm on blood pressure meds too (family history).

Anyways, I've been having an obnoxious pain from my left shoulder blade near my spine up around the top of my shoulder right next to my neck, and down to the top of my sternum. It definitely feels muscular. I can push on a certain spot on top of my sternum and I can feel it a bit, as well as just moving my shoulder in certain positions, or putting a lot of strain on my pecs (wrenching under a car). I haven't felt any tightness or short of breath stuff at all. I've ignored it for about 2-3 weeks or so thinking I slept on it wrong, pulled it playing bike polo (great fun BTW) or something similar, but it doesn't seem to be going away very fast. However, it does seem to fade a bit after some physical activity. It doesn't really seem like something heart problems would do, but I've heard of it before and wanted to get another opinion or two.
You can't get a usable diagnosis here, but I will say you may suffer from PVC, did the doctor mention Premature Ventricle Contractions?  They are very common and usually not dangerous - uncomfortable, can be - you'll find more on this on the Heart Rhythm Community than here.

Your pains issues do not seem to me to be related to the heart, or PVC, you didn't mention anything other than pain in the chest - but that can be lot of things.  I "vote" with the muscle self-diagnosis.  But, if you don't get over it soon, a few days, I think it best to check with your doctor.  This is advice from a guy who never went to the doctor much until about the age of 55.
I appreciate the response and it's nice to get a second opinion. Sorry about the wrong topic. I wasn't really sure where to stick it.

I'm the same way about avoiding docs if at all possible. I often seem to know more about what's going on than they do, which seems......kinda dumb honestly, but I've kinda started to sorta maybe think about almost going to see the doc.