Heart Disease Community
high blood pressure/ and high pulse rate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

I was just released from the hospital yesterday with my blood pressure was high my pulse rate was high and i had pressure in the chest and neck and some chest pain. I was sweating and very nauseated. They gave me nitro tabs 3 to be exact to lower all of it and then it did not lower. I was put in a room on the heart floor and given nitro through the iv. My question is why is this happening?? And why do i have such a high pulse rate i have had this all my life and now i also have the high blood pressure. They said i was so close to having a heart attack. I did a stress test on the tred mill which showed nothing ut a few spikes but not enough to do the cath. So was wondering if a heart attack is coming or is there something else going on???? Please help
I hope that beside the stress test, they will also run at least a blood test.
How do they know that you were close to a heart attack?
Are your pressure and pain in the chest already gone?

The high HR and BP can be caused for different reasons that, normally, have little to do with the heart, although it is the heart who suffered the consequences.

Has your thyroid been tested? And your kidneys? IF BP is really high could be a problem with your suprarenals glands.

Jesus.

Hey thanks for responding. And yes they did run a blood test and checked my kidneys for sugar. Also i still have some pressure in the chest and little pain but i just dont know. Pulse is still high but i have an appointment on the 8th so we shall see. Again thanks.
My blood pressure has always been somewhat low and my heart rate high.  Now recently my bp is between 139/80 and 146/93.  I'm concerned over the sudden spike (last few weeks to a month).
Still, I have the question, if they did not find anything, Why did they say that you where near a heart attack?

The reason for me to ask, is because it seems that in your first post you were worried by the possibility of having a heart attack and if they have NOT found anything that support it, your symptoms can be just by anxiety and therefore there is no reason for you to worry.

Jesus
For the comment of how i know i was near heart attack is because they ran the blood work. And all of my other symptoms was a factor in there decision. I am still having the same symptoms and No this is not anxiety attack. I have had the high blood pressure for years now. And i have had the high pulse rate since i was 12 in school they did the test on us in PE and my pulse rate then was 112. I still have the proof of that. They told me and sent a letter home to my parents. But i was a kid i did not think anything of it.
Obviously I am missing something.... they said that you were near a HA... still you have the same symptoms and they have discharged you??

Then are you near a HA and in your home, no extra medication??

As I said, I do not understand.

Jesus

Count me in.
I have no insurance they had to discharge me after they had me do the nitro drip and the stress test they said i was good enough to go home and they set me up with a doc with no charge they said i had to be discharged for no insurance. You ppl obviously do not understand what having no insurance means and to be poor on top of that. But i am taking care of what i need to. But as far as you helping me from these questions i am asking i was in need of advice from someone who may have expierienced some of the symptoms or what ever not in need of being bashed about why am i home when you do not have insurance for the last time they will send you home when you are stable because you are unable to pay. WALK A MINUTE IN MY SHOES AND YOU WILL SEE. PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER NONE OF MY QUESTIONS AGAIN PLEASE.