left ventricle
I had an ecocardiogram and I was told it showed my left ventricle is enlarged, it is 4.5 cm and was told the cut off for normal is 4 cm.  I've been reading about this and everything says that it means it is a weakened heart muscle.  I am a 65 yr. old female with no other problems.  What should I do?
Two important things:

1) Do not worry too much. The important point is how do you feel.

2) Follow strictly the indications of your cardiologist in medication and life style.

If you do not feel OK or have more questions, do not doubt to come here again and will try to help you.

Jesus
Are you sure it was your left ventrilce and not your left atrium? Those sound more like the measurements for the left atrium than it does the left ventricle. LV measurements for a woman is 3.9 cm to 5.3 and for a man 42 cm to 5.9 cm. The upper limit for a left atrium is 4.0 cm so yours would only be mildly enlarged.

If it is an enlarged left atrium it really is of very little significance. Take a look again and let us know.

Just my thoughts,

Jon