low pulse rate , high blood pressure
Hi,  I am a very fit 56 year old male with a low resting pulse rate. I have recently experienced
some high blood pressure readings. 170/100 has been the highest.
I took my pulse at the gym today before my workout and it was 159/92 with a pulse of 50.
After my workout it was 157/84 with a pulse of 62.  
My friend has suggested i give up the 3 cups of coffee i have in the morning ??
I don't smoke, drink socially on the weekends, am not overweight ( normal BMI ),
take no meds except a baby aspirin for arthritis and symbicourt , 2 puffs morning and night
for asthma.
Is it possible for a low athletic heart rate to give an inaccurate blood pressure reading ?
( as the pressure is measured between the beats and the time would be longer for me
  than say for someone with a more normal daytime heartbeat of 75 )
Puzzled
I am exactly in similar situation. I have been exercising regular all my life. I am 66 years old, do weights and play tennis regularly. But my blood pressure is above 170/90 and pulse rate is 50! Finally, I am going on medication to control my BP.
--1943
I am 42, 5-10", 170 lbs. I got on Liprinisol and take Crestor 3 times per wk. over a year ago. Because I exercise regularly since age 30, I have this issue of denial. My pulse runs around 58-62. I only take half of a the lowest dose of BP med because of the denial. I am addicted to nicotine, I quit chewing tobacco 5 months ago but chew nicotine gum a lot and smoke about three times daily. I drink alcohol (beer) on weekends and smoke like an old coal boat during! I guess I am not a moderator! I play squash, Racquetball, tennis along with weight training, not a nut but I am fit for my age. After reading this forum, I will probably take my prescribed dose and try and beat this nicotine thing. I think controlling your BP is paramount for prevention. I, like you have realized to control the BP first.
I went to the gym and got an assessment with a trainer. BP was high 150/90. Managed to work the treadmill heart rate up to 155 and bring it down to 110 within a couple minutes. Went to the pharmacy for BP 127/77 and pulse was 42..WT heck..in shape or out of shape?..I'm 50. 5'11" and 192 lbs
I am a 51 year old male. My BP is normally within the range of 117/130 over 77/84.. Last Sunday, Oct 17, I ran a full marathon. Monday-Wednesday, I've checked my BP numerous times. It has shot up as high as 150 over 88. Try it after 5 minutes, and its 140 over 85. Tried it a few times, and the lowest was 135 over 86. This morning at 7am, the BP was 126/83.... So, I'm not sure whats going on... By the way, my resting heart rate is normally 47-50. These past few days, it only gets to as low as 55. Is this fluctation related to the marathon, and my body is taking more time to recover?