Aa
A
A
Close
pulse rate
Just come back from CA to CT. I started to notice that when I walk up three flights of stairs my pulse and heart rate would increase and I would have to stop and rest. Never had this problem before. I also would feel tightest in my chest as if I had a cold (chest). I am 66 years old and have never experienced this before the BP is 130 over 70 with a pulse rate of 105, after 1 min on stationary bike it goes to 185.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Tightness in chest needs to be checked out. Your pulse should not go up to 185. That is over your maximum. You need to be checked out & probably a stress test. Call your cardiologist. If you start having chest pains, go to the ER.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
976897_tn?1379171202
I am a bit confused over this. Someone with heart disease would be in lots of pain if their heart rate jumped to 180+ bpm within 1 minute. My Angina used to kick in between 100-140bpm. Your blood pressure is pretty good too and doesn't seem to reflect problems with artery restrictions. While there is obviously a problem with your heart rate, I would think it more than likely not related to disease. If you do go to the hospital, ensure they run a batch of blood tests to ensure your electrolytes etc are in balance. Any good Cardiologist will do this as a matter of procedure.
Comment
Cancel
976897_tn?1379171202
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
pulse rate
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
976897_tn?1379171202
Blank
watford, United Kingdom
11548417_tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands