pulse rate
Just come back from CA to CT. I started to notice that when I walk up three flights of stairs my pulse and heart rate would increase and I would have to stop and rest. Never had this problem before. I also would feel tightest in my chest as if I had a cold (chest). I am 66 years old and have never experienced this before the BP is 130 over 70 with a pulse rate of 105, after 1 min on stationary bike it goes to 185.
Tightness in chest needs to be checked out. Your pulse should not go up to 185. That is over your maximum. You need to be checked out & probably a stress test. Call your cardiologist. If you start having chest pains, go to the ER.
I am a bit confused over this. Someone with heart disease would be in lots of pain if their heart rate jumped to 180+ bpm within 1 minute. My Angina used to kick in between 100-140bpm. Your blood pressure is pretty good too and doesn't seem to reflect problems with artery restrictions. While there is obviously a problem with your heart rate, I would think it more than likely not related to disease. If you do go to the hospital, ensure they run a batch of blood tests to ensure your electrolytes etc are in balance. Any good Cardiologist will do this as a matter of procedure.