should i be worried?
heya, i've been having sharp chest pains, shortness of breath, dizzyness, fatigue and headaches that just don't ever go away for the last 3 years.
i've been in and out of doctors almost none stop but couldn't get a doctor to take me seriously because i am 24.
i pretty much had to bag my doctor for an echo, when it came back it showed i had mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation to it and my tricuspid.
i'm worried because my heart has been beating really hard the last few days and my BP was 125/103.
normally my top number is 130-150 but never my bottom...  just wondering if i should start seeing a heart doctor? or if i'm just freaking out? =[
Your symptoms can be a lot of things. If you think its your heart you should see a cardiologist. I am not sure about the bp, but the mitral valve stuff regurg to that and tricuspid if its mild its not an issue. If it were moderate to severe obviously they would be treating you. My guess is that you wont feel better regardless until you talk to a cardiologist, so I say go and tell him your symptoms. He may want to do a stress test.
hi all..be smart  and hit the ER when that happens  the more they can doc..the better your chances of good information..ask your family..Mom Dad  Grands what have they had happen,, my first TIA was in Oct of 2008  lost my sight for 4 hours..when it first started I wa having a great day..thouught something was on my glasses..then things started to darken..called hubby to get his butt to office..security next and by the time we got to ER it was 20 minutes and my sight was gone.. 2nd happened in August of 2010, yep we thought dang we are home free..this one  affected my mind..called hubby to get the hell over here now..got down to security in 5 minutes  could not  repeat my name..ER team took me and hubby to hospital..in the ride there I was being good at hanging on to ABC and 123... stayed the night for tests and reflections of the 2008... well its 2011 Feb  knock on wood..but this old lady clown is going to be around for 2030..yep.. Hit that ER team  they have your back.... Stand Tall Hold the High Ground..hugs  ardy wisconisn