sick sinus -unknown etiology & Coreg Cr
My 35 year old husband has been treated for VT/ cardiomyopathy for the past 10 years. he has an AICD due to syncopal events in the beginning of his treatment. In his youth, he was a trained athlete/ distance runner. He has always had very low heart rate and BP, however recently his physician has request him to start taking Coreg CR to help reduce cardiac workload. Our concern is that he already is bradycardic and the effects may worsen this symptom. Is this a routine or normal thing to do?

This discussion is related to Beta-Blockers and bradycardia.
Reduce cardiac workload...I take an ACE inhibitor and a beta blocker (coreg) to reduce the heart's workload.  The ACE inhibitor dilates vessels, etc. and most beta blockers slows and stabilizes the heart rate, but Coreg is not just a beta blocker, it also has some ACE inhibitor characteristics as well..  

Doesn't the AICD control the heart rate and negate that aspect of Coreg?