tortuous aorta
my chest xray findings:  the lungs are clear. the heart is not enlarged. the aorta is tortuous and partly calcified.  ther trachea is midline. the diaphragmatic sulci are intact. the soft tissues and osseous structures are unremarkable.  the impression:  tortuous aorta.  what is the meaning of all these
Sometimes physical changes in the spine and chest wall may contribute to twisting and/or distortion of the thoracic aorta and there can be a crowding into other organs...apparently that is not a problem according to your post.

Occassionally, there is reduced blood flow from a narrowing and calcification of a segment that could cause an enlarged heart to compensate and if very serious lung congestion.  There is no problem in that area as well.  

my x ray findings are :
Clear  Lungs fields,
The heart is enlarged.
Aorta is tortuous.
Diaphargm and suci intact.
bony thoraxx is unremarkable.

impresssion: cardiomegaloy
                     /tortuous Aorta

Do I have a heart disease? Am I easily vulnerable to a heart attack? Should I worry and seek medical advise?  do I need surgey.?

thanks so much for your help. Well appreciated,
babies_rprecious***@****.  
The enlarged heart may be due to a tortuous aorta.  Whether it is serious depends on the size of the left ventricle and degree of stenosis (narrowing of the aorta) and the uderlying cause for tortuous aorta as that would povide a prognosis of any progression.  

"Disease" is an abnormal condition of an organism or part (aorta) as a consequence of infection, inherent weakness or environmental stress (of the heart) that impairs normal phsiological functioning...an enlarged heart and tortuous aorta fits that definition, but impairment of phsiological functioning of the heart has not been stated so you meed that information before making any decisions..

Also, an x-ray can be incorrect due to problems inherent with imaging.  A better test is an ultrasound trasnsducer placed down the esophogus (TEE) as the thorax may interfer with a good reliable image with an x-ray or thoracic ultrasound (echo).

You may want to visit a cardiologist for further testing if you are having symptoms or just for peace of mind.  You are not in any danger of a heart attack according to your post's representation.  If you need surgery dep[ends on your symptoms, etc.
my husband has ankylosing spondylitits. Just recently cracked his T11-12 vertebrae. Acutely has suffered a calcified and tortuous aorta upon chest xray. Is symptomatic with fatigue and SOB. Won't survive surgery for back and is in back brace. Any chances of aorta resolving non surgically?
i have all of the same ailments (a/s) and diagnosis as a result of x-ray from what was thought to be the flu,no i see all the same things that i suffer from as others listed on this site...word for word i have the same things going on and i am scared....can any one share info regarding this problem ,,i am only 47  
my father's radiology report shows

clear lung field
heart is normal in size & configuration
Aorta is tortous and calcified
other chest structures are unremarkable

what do you by this report. Is my father prone to heart attack? Is this very dangerous..pls help
thanks