Heart Disease Community
wake up tightness/heavy chest and feels weak in the heart

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

i have been having trouble sleeping for about 1 month and had problems breathing at night when i try to go to sleep. i feel like im not getting enough air and that leads to me not being able to sleep making things a lot worst. i dont seem to have that breathing problems as often but still do have it sometimes. now the last couple of nights i been waking up feeling heavy in my chest and my heart feels very weak. i also feel pain on my lower left chest like as if it was a pinch in my heart. at times it also feels as if my heart is swollen. the pain in my heart and the tightness in my chest is actually very inconsistent. it does happen mostly in the morning when i wake up at 9:30am and last til about 11:30am. i went to the doctors about 3 weeks ago and he believes i had heartburn and acid reflux, but i been taking the medication but that doesn't seem to help. i am new to this forum but im hoping that you guys can help me out. thanks
I have that sensation for a bit while.  I also told it is the reflux/heart burn.  I took Nexium 40mg and Tazac 150mg twice a day.  These doesn't work at all.  

Mine one keeps come and go, it can stay in a whole day!  I felt my heart is not beating too.  It is real, when I had a 24 hours holter monitor, it said my heart "Pause" 3.2 second in the afternoon.  My cardio said it is "anxiety"!  Nothing to be worried about.

Later on, now what I have.  I'm like living inside the space ship.  Whole day I full of light-headed, tightness, SOB, nausea, seeing stars, stomach ache and dizziness.  When I lay down on the bed, it spins.  Can you immagine how I drive?  Well, anxiety and reflux can drive a car, isn't it?

We are in the same boat, aren't we?  Please keep me updating if you find out how to cure that.  Take care.
When I had my heart attack, it felt like my heart just hardened and I had tingling/numbness from my middle back to my left fingertips.

The two days before my MI, my body was stiffening. Probably because the blood flow had almost stopped and also, couldn't breath.

If you feel major back pain or your heart hardening, you will know that it's a heart attack. I would go to the ER anyway and demand an ECG.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Aaronhoffer added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
1 hr ago
Niki0315 is ...anxious Comment
Aug 26
Paxiled commented on Foods For Weight Loss...
Aug 26