Heart Rhythm Community
Anyones else here hypo-throid and have PVC's and PAC's

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Hi there, I was just curious if anyone else here was hypo-thyroid and had the same or similar symptoms as me. I take 100mcg of Synthroid daily......sometimes if I am having PAC's or PVC's (i can't tell them apart) and I skip my meds a couple days, seems like they get better. I need to go and get my levels rechecked....but, the last time I went they were within normal range and I have been on the same dose since I was diagnosed.

On another note..I love that I have found this place...other people that don't have this condition just don't understand how scary it can be for us sometimes. My husband is very supportive and has felt my "funny beats" and they scare the heck out of him too...so it's just nice to be able to "talk" with people who have similar things going on.

Hyper/Hypothyroid and relationship to PAC/PVC's and AFIB.  In my case, when my TSH is low(hyper), I am much more likely to have long runs of AFIB (days long) and lots of PAC/PVC's..  When the TSH is high(hypo), I tend to be completely free of any rhythm symptoms..  My EP is in the process(read ex-perimentation with me as guinea pig) now of trying to find a rhythm control med that will combine with a hyperthyroid med (to force my TSH level slightly higher than normal) that will allow me to be as symptom free as possible.  At my age (72) there are little or no long term consequences of being slightly hypothyroid with an elevated TSH.  I, of course, would prefer to be arrythmia free as possible regardless of the consequences of long term hypothyroid.
Hypothyroid in my case and sometimes I think it is my synthroid causing problems and sometimes not.  I haven't figured it out.  I know that the synthroid doesn't make me feel any better. My numbers are always with in normal and half the time I forget the meds.  Sorry I am not much help, but you aren't alone.  
Hi, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 4 months ago. I am on 25 mcg of levothyroxine. I too experience what I think is PVC's or PAC's or both, although they have not been confirmed (because I am still in college and don't want the medical bills) . I am 26 yrs old very active and healthy (no family history of heart problems) and I have never experienced something that scares me like these "heart skips" do. My husband is very supportive as well and helps me to cope when needed. I have learned however that these are usually benign and that they will not kill you, but I find it very hard to convince myself of that sometimes. I am learning how to live with them and how to keep my emotions under control after it happens. The PVC's come and go, sometimes I will go a day or two without any, and sometimes I will have a few in one day. I refuse to be put on a beta blocker or anyother heart medication because I fear my heart/body my become dependent or that it will interfear with my heart function even worse. It is very frustrating to go from feeling/being perfectly normal to having all of these weird, scary, and annoying symptoms caused by the thyroid. Please know that you are not alone.