Atenolol and safe resting heartrate
hello,
i take atenolol 25 mg for a sinus tachycardia/palpitations/anxiety that happened back in Nov 07.  the med. has worked very well for me.  i notice when i lay down to go to bed my hear rate is around 60 or 64 bpm.  is this safe to be that low?  also, i'm sure it goes lower than that when I'm asleep and that is what concerns me.  i do not have any symptoms like dizziness or lightheadedness.
Hey there,I too take atenolol 50mill in the morn,50 at night..It seems to me the atenolol is WORKING for you,so thats great!Since you dont have any symptoms of dizziness and lightheadness I myself wouldnt worry too much. I know atenolol is supposed to help lower your heart rate..it barely does mine though:( even with taking a hundred mill a day..also lowers bloodpressure...that it really does help me with!Oh but my point was the fact your only taking 25 mill and its helping your heart rate that well...is wonderful!I started of at 25 but it didnt lower mine at all or help my blood pressure that much.From everything ive read and heard anything 60 to 100 beats per min is considerd normal!Take care!
Yes, 60-64 is safe.  60-100 is considered normal and I see people each day at work (I'm a nurse) that have heart rates of 40's and 50's.  They are unsymptomatic and we don't get bothered by these rates.  I take 25 mg of atenelol and have for 31 years.  My resting HR is more like 72 now.  At first it was in the 40's and I didn't care because it felt so much better than 90's 100's.  After being on it a while, your HR may get higher!
Is it safe to take Staxyn while taking 50mg of Atenolol?