Atrial Fib problem
Have atrial fib. Comes on average every 10 to 12days and lasts on average 8 to ten hours. Is this normal. Does it happen to others? Doc is going to do an oblation through the upper body as going through the leg and lower body did not work as the vein did not go wher it was supposed to.
I had/have some afib but it doesnt last that long. Are you taking anything for it? IE a heart rate control medication? According to my doctor keeping your heart rate low is important as far as minimizing the danger of having a clot during afib.
I'm on sotolol and diltiazem but still have long bouts of atrial fib. Dr. And nurses do not seem to be concerned
Does you HR get really high during your bouts? I have been told that they are don't get too concerned if the HR in a normal range because the rapid beats or quivers is what really increases the chance for clots. Jerry from NJ has a lot of smarts on A fib. He has it constantly. So he may be a wealth of information for you.

You sound like me in the sense that I think you are very aware of it when you go into a fib and it is very worriesome to you. I know I hate it when I go into it. My longest episode to date has been around 45minutes to an 1.5 hours at the most. I still hate it.
Curiosity and awareness are my prime concerns. When in Afib for 10to12 hours it just beats your body such that it takes a day to recover. Rate is fairly constant around 120 to150 per. Blood pressure rises slightly but not very high. Have not heard of anyone being in it that long. While in it activity is at a minimum as exertion causes you to be very dizzy and faintish and or pass outish. My Docs are not concerned and in a week or so he is going to try an oblation through the upper body as my vain to do it the normal way does not go where it is supposed to.