Heart Rhythm Community
CATHETER ABLATION PROBLEMS RETURNED?

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

CATHETER ABLATION PROBLEMS RETURNED?

hi am just wondering if anyone can give me any advise i had my ablation in august 2009 and have been absolutely fine since then . all of a sudden i feel my symptoms have returned i had a turn the other day where i nearly fainted and i can FEEL my heart acting FUNNY again . Is it possible for the problems to return ? and has anyone else experienced the same thing thanx in advance x
I had an ablation back in Aug 09 also; my ep's told me it's possible for my heart to return to the rhythms it had previous or even for other spots to crop up in other areas.  

I had no pvc's after my procedure but developed pac's and svt whereas before, I only had PSVT and PVC's/VT.  Within a few months time, mine had returned but they don't know if in the same spot or if it was other sites because I refused a 2nd procedure.

I've had fainting and arrhythmia's since age 9 and a dr finally dx me at age 42 and last count back in Dec 09 I was at 10k pvc's and 1k pac's daily.  I take 60mg twice daily of Inderal and have a pacemaker/icd.

best thing is to get with your dr and get a new workup to see what's going on
thankyou so much for your reply i honestly didnt know  problems could return the idea of a pacemaker terrifies me :S i know my heart rate is better still as it used to be 35 - 40 bpm now its round about the 60ish mark but its deffo skipping again and quite frequent i have made an appointment with my gp for tuesday so will see what happens then as i say thanks again for the reply  x
you're welcome...I know it's scarey to think about but if a PM would help that may be the best course.  I've had profound bradycardia caught on testing and the lowest mine was before PM implant was 25; but then my hr can go to 200 on a dime also.

Right now I think my hr is set at 50 but rarely does my HR go below 80.  The procedure itself wasn't terrible the worse thing was having my arm in a sling for quite a few weeks after and switching my bra styles - I can't tolerate underwires any longer and at my age I need all the "lift" I can get =)
christopher007 commented on photo
May 25
Mons11 is Comment
May 25
LindaTX commented on photo
May 24