Effect of massage on blood pressure and heart rate/rhythm?
Has anyone had experience of having a massage and it affecting their blood pressure and  heart rate or rhythm?
After 2/12 of very low BP (106/60 ish) and only the occasional ectopic I had a therapeutic massage earlier this week to free up the tension in my back following not being very mobile after surgery. I had some lymphodema in my hip and buttock - which has gone down a lot -but overnight my BP has gone completely out of control. Soaring to 148/90 with a heart rate of 100. It goes down if I still really still and do deep breathing but soats again at the smallest movement. I wondered if the forcing of fluid back into the bloodstream from tissues could have caused it ?
Here is a link I found which you may find useful:

http://www.integrative-healthcare.org/mt/archives/2007/01/hypertension_ma.html

According to this site, a massage can raise blood pressure for the reason that you proposed.  That said, there are numerous other causes of high BP. How is it now?  If it is still elevated, then you need to discuss with your doctor.
Thank you so much - this was a really useful website - I had searched but not found this so I am most grateful.
I have been monitoring my BP since Tues when it went up -seen a locum GP (who said that 138 was ok for my age ....dear) (I'm 47 weigh 9st - English and normally walk the dog twice a day and swim - I think NOT normal!) I also ended up at a 'walk in centre on Thurs and had an ECG - which by the time they took it showed almost normal (but still said possible infarct - but I am on a heart rhythm med so it always shows a slight abnormality!) Finally saw my usual GP on Friday who was concerned so i am monitoring it over the wekend and going back Tues. I think that it is starting to go down now - esp if i rest and move around slowly. I've also booked an appt with my EP cardiologist for a couple of weeks. I'll print out this website info to discuss. It was a trigger point, painful massage i had - it certainly freed up my back which had been solid for 6 weeks! and reduced the lymphodema in my hip/buttock from my op 10 weeks ago! Shame about the other effects.