Heart Rhythm Community
Extra Heart Beat

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Extra Heart Beat

I have been told I have an extra heart beat or what is being referred to as PVC's. My EKG showed there is an extra beat every 12 seconds. My PB has been in the range of 130/ 85 and LDL and HDL tested fine. My doc suspected some weaking in the heart but my Eco showed no weakness and the blood flow was good. I am about 12 lbs overweight and have a stressful job.

During my nuke stress test at an elevated heart rate the extra beat became two or three extra beats in a row. I excercise about 4 times a week. Should I be concerned by the extra beats during exercise or otherwise? Should I be on a beta blocker?

Hello Michael

Welcome to the forums. Alot of people here have these PVC's that you are having and alot of them can give ya some good insides. I myself and kinda in the same boat. A few PAC's and a few PVC's and a whole bunch of Anxity to boot with these issues.

Keep checking back here and i am sure some someone with more insight on the subject will post.
Hi Michael
Did the doctor say you should be concerned?    Mine come in clusters where it can be every 12 seconds for a few hours then nothing for hours.  
My doctor doesn't seemed concerned in the least.  I wish I could feel that way when it was happening.
Frenchie