Frequent Palpitations with Elevated Heart Rate
I have read several posts here regarding Palpitations but I still have a couple questions.  It seems like some people have similar symptoms to mine but not quite so I thought I would provide my symptoms.

I am 44, overweight, and highblood pressure diagnosed about a year ago.  When I started getting the palpitations, they were so frequent I was really starting to worry.  The occured when I would get up and walk to the copy machine and come back to my desk and sit down; it would be then I would get a palpition.  It is true I was under and unusual amount of stress but I was still concerned.  It would also happen when I would do things like mowing the yard or going for a jog.  They would occur while I was exercising but most of the time they occured as I was slowing down (I run with a heart rate monitor).  I went to the doctor and we discovered my BP was a little high but we also did an EKG, Holter, Stress Test and an Echocardiogram.  Everything was normal... for the most part.  There were some palpitations picked up during the holter but nothing on the stress test.  My echo was pretty good as there was no real problem other than a very slight enlargement in one of the chamgers but the Dr felt that was proabably due to my BP being elevated.  After the stress test, I felt a lot better emotionally and almost immediately the palpitations stopped.  I would still have them occasionally, but the Dr told me they were benign so I stopped worrying about them.  

A year and a little more go by, and I start noticing the frequency has increased again.  My stress at work has definately picked up again as the company I work for is being sold and there are a lot of unknown questions.  Regardless, I have noticed the frequeny increased when I mow the yard, while golfing, or jogging.  Most of the time these occur as the heart rate decreases.  I live in FL and in all of these instances, it is typically hot out when I experience them.  The hotter it is the more frequent they show up and they really started showing up again when we hit the summer season.  Most of the time, during my day at work, I am not experiencing any.  I might notice one a day but I can go several days without noticing anything.

I get annual physicals and have been doing that for the last 10 years or so and during my last physical in June, I mentioned my increased palpitations.  The doctor did not seem overly concerned and encouraged me to stay hydrated.  My blood work always comes back normal and there are not cholesteral issues.  I do drink 4- 5 cups of coffee a day but caffeen free soda or water the rest of the day.  I do smoke, but only 3-4 a day... sometime I go all day without one.

So, not sure I need to be worried, but I am trying to lose weight and run again but I am anxious every time I go out.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You post reads like most of your palpitations are pretty normal and exercise should help reduce them if you exercise without too much exertion/strain.

A healthy diet, regular exercise, and yes stop smoking, and control your BP and lose some weight will all pay benefits on how you feel.  Stress, where ever it comes from, has to be dealt with in a way that works, maybe exercise, maybe diversion (golf, reading, friends... whatever works) as stress and trigger heat palpitation.

Nothing here you haven't heard/read before, I'm sure, but give it a try anyway.
I can only speculate on the types of palps you had.

There was one study about PVCs during exercise recovery that comes to mind, it's titled "Recovery PVCs on exercise test are prognostic"

Google that, it has some good info.

Keep up with the lifestyle changes, it's the only thing under your control.