Glucose and Afiib
I recently posted a question regarding a sharp increase in glucose during an Afib episode. It was 132 when my normal readings are 85-95. I had not eaten for about 6-7 hours. This makes me very anxious and was wondering if it had something to do with the Afib. I don't see my doctor (cardiologist) for two weeks and this is really worrying me. The full post was on June 19, 2016. Everyone on here has always been so kind to me. I don't want to bother anyone, but if anybody can respond it would be so appreciated. I am very anxious about this. Thanks with all my heart for any response. The title for the previous post is the same as this one.  
Hi Jeanette, I don't have any experience with afib so anything I say is pure speculation but I do know that sugar and carbohydrates can have an affect on heart rhythm so it is possible the high reading contributed but I honestly can't say a doctor would agree.  I think one reading among many doesn't necessarily mean there is diabetes but you may want to check that section out to see what others there say.  Do you recall what you ate the day before the blood was taken?  It could simply be a result of the food the day before why the reading was high.  Unfortunately afib can be hard to treat and tends to come back but just do your best to avoid too much sugar and carbohydrates and drink lots of water.  And ask the doctor if the reading was a false positive because you were in afib.  I know cardiac enzymes can be produced during heart rhythm episodes but not sure there would be a sugar spike but I am not a doctor so I really don't know.  Try not to stress if you can.  Stress will only compound the issue.  Many people have afib and are able to manage it well.  Please keep us posted what the doctor says.