Has anyone ever worn an event monitor "indefinitely" ?
Well folks I have had on my event monitor for 60 days (two 30 day studies) now with no episodes of my heart going out of rhythm.    My symptoms are my heart will beat chaotically and very noticeably for up to 3 mins at a time, but I've had a normal work up such as echo and stress test.      Sometimes this happens, I can go 6 months with nothing happening and then I get 10 episodes in one month. That's typical of my condition.    Here in the past couple weeks I've been getting some warning signs that typically predefine episodes flaring up such as skipped heartbeats here and there, but so far no answers as to what my heart does when it flips out of rhythm.     I wonder if I'd be unreasonable to request to just keep this monitor on indefinitely?   Wonder if my insurance would give me any trouble?   It appears to cost like $180 per month and I pay nothing out of pocket
What about asking the doc for implaintable type?

There is an event Holter monitor...you push a button when you have symptoms and then send the recorded data to hospital....that way you are sure to document the problem.
Not always. When I wore mine, very little of the events were recorded. I remember the cardiologist saying something about the monitor was set to record events over a certain heart rate and I think my events were happening at a lower rate. It only recorded a few random ones that happened when my anxiety was heightened.

The recorder should record all electrical activity.  The settings are for low/high pulse rates
( 50 and 120).  When I recorded my most severe feeling palpitations the recorder actually showed minimal PVC activity.  This is why I think they thought I was overreacting.   I don't really understand what is happening at those times.  We certainly feel something going on.