Heart Rhythm Community
Heart Arrhythmia Help

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Heart Arrhythmia Help

My fiance has a heart arrhythmia and usually doesn't have a problem with it. Yesterday he was throwing up constantly. He said his chest and arm began to hurt(he is in his 20's, the doctors ruled out heart attack.) He became unconscious. After giving him fluids via IV, he is conscious and his chest and arm are feeling better, but he is still vomiting often. Could dehydration from vomiting be the cause of all this, making his arrhythmia act up?
Many people with arrhythmias have more trouble with them when we are sick, not uncommon at all.

If though he is passing out, he will need to be evaluated to see if it was from the arrhythmia or something from dehydration etc. When our bodies are sick, we put a lot of stress on all parts of our bodies. He is in great hands though, they will figure this out!
Thank you! He is overseas so I don't know too much of what they are doing or finding. They did release him, but he doesn't know the prognosis because he was unconscious and I have no way of contacting anyone who was present or the medical team to find out. When I do hear something back I will be sure to post. Thank you so much, you've really put my heart at ease. God bless you.
Awe you are welcome I know how tough this is, I hope they get back to you soon!!! He will be just fine :)
Hello their

Yep vomiting and diarrhea can cause problems depending on what the arrithmia is caused by. Dehydration is the main problem plus the minerals and electolights (however u spell it ) in the future i if he has another bug and is constantly loosing water the doctors can give you these sachets that replace the minerals you loose that help heart health and keep topped up on water :)

But if doc says all is well then all is well :)

Take care