Heart Rhythm Community
Heart Rate Speed Change?

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Heart Rate Speed Change?

Last night i was having a symptom i seem to have often when im sick.

I have bad acid reflux and lactose intolerance (minor) and sometimes i get sick and dry heave

When i was over the toilet on my hands and knees i noticed my heart rate going fast, then slowing down for a couple beats and repeating that process.  When i got up and moved back to my recliner it stopped.  

This is something that normally causes anxiety but i did not take a xanax because i had to be up for work in an hour and a half anyway.  

my BP was on the high side , 133/77, but again, stress.

Really can't say what that is without catching on an EKG.  Could have been ectopics, or some other sort of arrhythmia.
well i was not having pvc's or pacs (which i do have and am on verapamil for) it felt like a steady beat then it would just slow down for a couple and speed up again.  

plus this has happened as long as i can remember (at least 08')

again, it was happening when i was hunched over ill.  it was normally again when i was sitting down
i should also add that my heart rate was 85 - 88 when i checked it after and felt like the same speed
Have you ever heard how the CNS controls heart rate?  It's a bit complicated, but the CNS will send signals to your heart to speed up or slow down given certain situations.  If you do something called a valsalva maneuver, where you hold your breath and force your diaphragm up, you can really slow your heart rate.  I'm thinking what happened is along those lines.  It's the only thing I can think of.
Given the situation and the stress it usually causes me, I bet it was along those lines
3D Imaging of my Heart from my CTA...
8 hrs ago by hefner33
hefner33 commented on Marathon Running Done...
Gross Things Beef Cattle Eat
14 hrs ago by gymdandee