Heart Rhythm Community
Holter Results?

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Holter Results?

I have a question about Holter results that I recently requested a copy of from November of last year. I was feeling a new palpitation of a "fluttering" in my heart when I stretched after waking up. From the joural that I kept with the Holter, they could not connect what I was feeling with anything unusual. However, on the report I just received, it says I had 2 supraventricular runs during the 48 hours, both occurring about the time I wake up, on each morning I wore the Holter. The longest supraventricular run was 25 beats on the first day, and the fastest run was on the second day at 123 bpm. I had no afib and no ventricular runs, and 41 premature supraventricular "prematurities" and 56 ventricular prematurities during the 48 hours. So  my question is, what is a "supraventricular run"? I get bigeminy often. Is that considered a supraventricular run? Just curious.

Supraventricular means that the rhythm originated above the ventricles in the atria.  Bigeminy means you have a PVC every other beat.  PVCs originate from areas in the ventricles.

I would guess from seeing that your rate was 123 bpm during the supraventricular episodes, is that you had some short (25 beat long) episodes of supraventricular tachycardia (although the rate for SVT is typically higher than 120s).  That may be the flutter that you are feeling when you wake up.

Hope this helps you

e :)
Avatar n tn
Thank you so much for the reply. The doctor did not mention these runs to me in November, but I am still having flutters nearly every morning and sometimes during the day. I am assuming they are perfectly harmless, or else he would have said something about them. But they drive me crazy, so it is good to have an idea of what they are. Thanks again!