Is a heart rate of 55 too slow?
My resting heart rate usually hovers in the 60's but dips into the 50's, especially in the evening. Is this a problem?

By the way, I take atenolol 25mg twice daily for tacycardia and pvc's. When I first started the atenolol, my heart rate  was in the high 70's to low 80's range, but has been slowly dropping since begining the medicine in November. Perhaps my body is healing itself?
50-60 is absolutely fine.

My heart rate was dropping down to 45 and still felt fine. When it starts to go below 40, you should probably see someone. Some people are only symptomatic when their rate drops below 30.

As long as you feel fine, not fainting etc. then it's ok.
i think it depends on if your symptomatic, I get symptoms when my rate drops below 50 and some people can get pretty low and feel ok.
I don't have any symptoms except for a slight lightheaded feeling, but I hardly notice it.
hey
i think am also going thro the same, my heart rate drops to low  as 48 bpm and high 63 bpm and am told its normal and that i should only worry when its below 40 bpm.. is my doctor telling me the trueth?
i also feel some discomfort around my chest. am taking nebivolo 2.5mg could this be the course?
worried..
John
hey
i get irregular heart beat most of the time i take measurements at home with digital device for checking BB.
should i see a doctor if i dont feel any pain?
worried
john
Sounds like your meds are doing the job, they are designed to slow your heart rate. I went through the same thing a long time ago it felt so strange for my heart to beat so slow when I am active.
I would keep an eye on your BP to make sure it does not drop to low. doc tells me to call if I drop under 100 systolic.
Has it made any difference in your symptoms of tachycardia, PVC`s ? Or are your symptoms getting worse ?
My pacer is set to start at 40 beats my resting heart rate is around 48 and after a mile on bike my rate is 65. I still have short runs of v-tach and svt with rates in the 160 range but they remain short.
I think you're fine. I take Sotalol for afib and my resting heart rate drops into the low to mid 40s during the day and God knows where it goes at night when I'm asleep. It feels a bit weird, possibly just psychological, but I suffer no symptoms that directly relate to slow heart rate (dizziness, low BP) so I assume it's ok.
Wish my BB works so well, that is if I was symptom free.

A little light headed when you "jump up" to answer the doorbell or the like, is fine.  If you are light headed when in a resting position you should, I think, discuss with your doctor.  Sounds like you could have your med dose level reduced, please, this is a guess, only your doctor can tell you to make the change.
I take 100 mg once a day of Atenolol and 2.5 mg Norvasc. I am 36 and have spasm and mitral valve prolapse. My heart rate in the morning is in the 70s and in the 50s in the afternoon. When it gets in the 50s I can tell. Just keep your Dr. Informed on how you feel at what heart rates. Everyone is different.
Hey I'm only 10 and my heart rate is 55 right now and usually is around 60 to 70 is that good while I'm resting I also have this weird feeling in my left breast and sometimes my left side boob will hurt in certain places can anyone relate to my problem or tell me what is wrong?