Aa
A
A
Close
Is heart rate increasing from 63-186 bpm from seating to standing position normal?
I have been having daily headaches that will not go awa, alongside with tiredness when I sleep for more that 12 hours at night and also feel very dizzy when I stand up that I would find myself falling to the floor. Recently had a pre-syncope episode after exercise. All tests have come back negative.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1807132 tn?1318747197
I would not think a rate of 186 just upon rising is normal.  If your heart tests have all come back as normal.  I would suspect you have had an ekg, echo and monitor at least to track your heart's behavior.  If those have been normal as well blood tests have shown your electrolytes to be normal as well then I would check into the disorder Dysautonomia.  It is an issue with the autonomic nervous system.  There is no cure but it can be managed.  Best of luck getting it sorted out.  Take care.    
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I asked my doctors about Dysautonomia but they did not know what it is. An ANA blood test came back borderline positive but further tests concluded to be inconclusive and now the doctors said I do not need to have follow up appointments. Found another doctor and he said it was due to stress and anxiety which I do not think it is. My symptoms are not improving as well.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
1807132 tn?1318747197
I would try and find a doctor who specializes in Dysautonomia.  Drink lots of water and eat salty snacks if your bp is low.  Research the condition to see if you fit the criteria.  there are groups online that may be able to help you with lifestyle changes to manage your symptoms and resources to help you in your area of the world.  Worth a shot.  Take care.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
20539565 tn?1500353192
Try to get your doctor to order a Tilt Table Test where they can test what happens when you go from lying to standing in that exact moment to see what's going on.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Blank
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1414258965
Blank
Central, MA