Post Cardiac Ablation Question
I had an ablation for AVNRT three weeks ago.  It was a long procedure-about 10 hours. A pathway was ablated in the anterior pulmonary outflow tract as well as ablation adjacent to the systemic AV valve.  I have L-tga and have had no prior surgeries but have had 4 prior ablations.  Immediately after the ablation I was told that I had a grade 3 systolic murmur best heard at the 2nd intercostal space.  I have never had a murmur before.  Looking at the paperwork the morning of the procedure it clearly states no murmur.  I wanted to know if this was something to worry about or if it is something that is normal after this type of procedure.  I also had a second AV node that was ablated during the procedure.  I was told that I did not need to follow up with the doctor unless I became symptomatic. My mom is a nurse and says she has never heard a murmur before but that it is very clear now.
I would definitely question your doctor about this.  You deserve an explanation.  I know very little about murmurs but the only other possible thing I can think it might be, and I could be totally way off base with this, is a transeptal puncture?  Did they need to do one to accomplish your ablation?  If so maybe the sound is coming from that and not from a murmur.  I have no idea if that would cause a sound or not but you deserve to understand your murmur in the minimum so give them a call and see what they say.  
Keep in mind that heart valves are pathways that give doctors access to test points where they can establish measurements. Valves may be checked after the procedure via echocardiography or other methods. A murmur is just a sound. How do you feel?  I had a doctor tell me once that a powerful heart can create a murmur because it gives an extra swish as the blood passes through the valve. Could also be an indication of some other type of change, good or bad.  Ask your doc.